Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favorite ways to kill nobles?  (Read 1797 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite ways to kill nobles?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 02:01:39 pm »

In the new version?  Cage them and sell to the elves.

Poil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 03:02:01 pm »

I have set up a simple but effective way to drop them into a volcano. ;D

From the side it looks like this
Code: [Select]

.G..L
.../# I     
#######~~~~~
. floor
/ ramp
# rock
~ lava
L lever
I support linked to lever
G grate

It's a bit annoying to have to rebuild it after every new hammerer shows up but it's well worth it to watch them drop.
[DEMONLORD]

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 04:50:58 am »

I've thought of a way that doesn't destroy my furniture.

===
     =b=
====d====
WWX+XLL=
WWX+XLL=
WWX0XLL=
WWX+XLL=
WWXdXLL=
====  ===

W=water
L=lava
d=door
b=bed
+=floor
0=pressure plate
X=floodgate

Noble walks in to sleep. Noble presses plate. Doors close. Floodgates open. Noble gets encased in obsidian. SOme dwarf pulls lever to close floodgates and to open doors. Remember to make the pressureplate to not reacto to anything after Noble pushes it. Dig away obsidian. Noble dead(?).

Will encasement kill the creature and will it's stuff be useable?
Ask about our Noble-Extermination Death Machines!

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:52 am »

The floor of my killing room is a retractable bridge.  Below that is a 40-z drop.

It doesn't need spikes.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 08:21:41 am »

I usually make them my miner that those guys never live long...
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Agamemnon

• Bay Watcher
  • Function - unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 09:30:31 am »

I have set up a simple but effective way to drop them into a volcano. ;D

From the side it looks like this
Code: [Select]

.G..L
.../# I     
#######~~~~~
. floor
/ ramp
# rock
~ lava
L lever
I support linked to lever
G grate

It's a bit annoying to have to rebuild it after every new hammerer shows up but it's well worth it to watch them drop.

I build it almost exactly the same way. Only I used a retractable bridge instead of a grate and stairs instead of a ramp. Also I only need 2 tiles of floor, one on top of the support and one above the magma with the lever on it. Yeah, it is tedious to set up, but I have not found an easier way.
Glossary #52
Execution shaft aka. dwarven wormhole

Works as follows: Things enter one end, emerge at the other and then get eaten by worms.

Terisuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 09:35:47 am »

For simplicity's sake, I tend to equip all of my noble-outfitted rooms with cavern-draining drowning functionality.  That way, I can choose whether I want to drown the noble or flush them down into a cavern to wander around for a spell. 

In reference to the Amontillado-inspired noble disposals (For the love of Armok, McMontresor, for the love of Armok!) I haven't had occasion to do so myself - but it seems a fair way to take care of the more ludicrously annoying nobility (read: Hammerer) without triggering a refill of their position right away.  You could even feed them on occasion, throwing down table scraps to keep them from dying and leaving you to lock up yet another iteration of their annoying breed. 

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:20 am »

Mine is to put a bonecrafter w/ workshop in the noble's room, lock them in, and wait for a fell mood.  ;D

How's that working out for you? Because it should be a 1 in n (where n is the number of dwarves eligible for moods) chance to get it right in like half a year.
Pages: 1 [2]