Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fonts  (Read 590 times)

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Fonts
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:26:18 am »

I'm playing the game full-screen (the windowed version doesn't work for me, due to my own computer problems) at the normal 800X600. But the fonts are so big that I can't read the full orders in many of the shops. For example, if I recall correctly, I can't tell what I'll be making in the glassmaker's forge, because I can only read the first part of "Forge green glass..."  (I'm not sure that's the exact phrase, but you get the idea, I hope. The second half of the order - like exactly WHAT is to be made - doesn't show up on screen.)

Is there a solution to this? Can I change something in the init.txt file? I'm having some video problems (not specific to this game), so it takes me awhile to reboot my computer,... and I have to reboot every time I quit Dwarf Fortress, so it's hard to experiment with init.txt.

Also, I'm old enough that I don't want the game to run with much smaller graphics. A fairly small change would be OK, though. And I'd be willing to give anything a try. But as I say, I can't really experiment much,... especially when I'd much rather be playing Dwarf Fortress!  :)

Bill

Spey

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon mince.
    • View Profile
Re: Fonts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:03:59 am »

one solution is to press tab a few times till the text panel of the screen covers 2/3
How many Dwarves does it take to change a XXlightbulbXX?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:48:19 am »

Also, I'm old enough that I don't want the game to run with much smaller graphics. A fairly small change would be OK, though. And I'd be willing to give anything a try. But as I say, I can't really experiment much,... especially when I'd much rather be playing Dwarf Fortress!  :)

Bill

you're old enough? i don't get it xD
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Wirewraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:53:03 am »

you're old enough? i don't get it xD

I'm assuming he's referring to eyesight.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 12:19:57 pm »

hmm i didn't think that way ;P sorry for this useless adition to the topic
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:47 am »

one solution is to press tab a few times till the text panel of the screen covers 2/3

Heh, heh. Why didn't I think of that?

Hey, you're a genius! Thanks for the help!

And yes, I was referring to my eyesight. It's not that bad, but age hasn't helped much. :)

Bill