Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: More special attacks like "Dragon Breath"  (Read 6283 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: More special attacks like "Dragon Breath"
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 01:31:00 am »

I was just looking through the wiki and I noticed there's already a special attack for sucking blood. That's pretty cool and I'm gonna go look through all the other attacks I don't know about.

The only special attacks out there currently are inject extract, (which can stun, paralyze, etc.) suck blood, firebreath, and dragonfire.

P.S. another cool thing would be the ability to add new damage types (burn, cold, gore, etc.) and edit the messages given for fatal blows and whatnot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 09:23:30 am »

I was just looking through the wiki and I noticed there's already a special attack for sucking blood. That's pretty cool and I'm gonna go look through all the other attacks I don't know about.

The only special attacks out there currently are inject extract, (which can stun, paralyze, etc.) suck blood, firebreath, and dragonfire.

P.S. another cool thing would be the ability to add new damage types (burn, cold, gore, etc.) and edit the messages given for fatal blows and whatnot.

Yeah I agree, new damage types would be excellent to have sometime. Example we could mod in a frost giant and his attacks could be cold based, or same with a fire giant/fire based attacks. The possibilites would be endless.  8)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 09:29:27 am »

I think fire breath and fireball throwing need to be separate tags.

And also, fire breath needs to be counted as an attack. Why? So we can change the description of the attack and how much damage it does.

[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:cast a fire spell:casts a fire spell:1:4:FIREBREATH]

That will make modded wizards better since they won't breathe fire anymore.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 11:04:05 am »

You forgot GCS webbing.
Has killed many dwarf and adventurer alike.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 11:58:52 am »

Yeah I agree, new damage types would be excellent to have sometime. Example we could mod in a frost giant and his attacks could be cold based, or same with a fire giant/fire based attacks. The possibilites would be endless.  8)
I think he means "new damage types OTHER than burn, cold, gore, etc." because we already have all those and there are mods with frost giants and fire giants with frost and fire attacks respectively.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 12:01:22 pm »

I think he means "new damage types OTHER than burn, cold, gore, etc." because we already have all those and there are mods with frost giants and fire giants with frost and fire attacks respectively.

Oh.. :-X I didnt knew about that..

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 12:14:12 pm »

And these damage types need effects. Like we could have electric damage that did more damage if the defender is wet.

gmodruls

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:38 pm »

In the new version you can breath fire now  :)
Stop looking at this text.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:36 pm »

Yeah, but I doubt anyone is still following this 4-year-old topic.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »

Yeah, but I doubt anyone is still following this 4-year-old topic.

Only those of us who can't unsubscribe because we posted. :<

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 11:30:12 am »

I would make a dwarves throwuo booze! oh wait..

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2012, 05:46:14 am »

... how the hell did you necro a 4-year-old thread without even knowing it was that old?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 06:25:00 am »

... how the hell did you necro a 4-year-old thread without even knowing it was that old?

People's failures often amaze me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:55 pm »

Make a new thread and people give you flak for not using the search function.
Revive an old thread and people give you flak for necro-ing an old thread.

You guys are so confusing

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:56 pm »

The answer is to use the dwarven hive-mind.  Duh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4