Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange death  (Read 464 times)

Tarlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange death
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:33:03 am »

xxxxxxx, Hunter has been killed by a trap.
xxxxxxx has been extatic lately.
What's happened??

AFAIR in some previous versions i could find a corpse (with 'u' -> 'c' keys?). Now i can see corpse thoughts but can not locate it...

PS Hunters seem to be sentenced to death even in calm environment with the goats being the only wildlife.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange death
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:42:24 am »

I think this happens because hunters tend to sleep anywhere rather than in their rooms. As sleeping dwarves are now considered to be unconscious, and unconscious dwarves trigger traps, then there is a chance a hunter will decide to go to sleep on top of a trap, and he will then get zapped by it.

Theoclymenus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:46:06 am »

I think the best way to solve this is probably to have a short, trapless side entrace to your fortress that can be completly sealed (by a bridge or something). Then stick the traffic designations over your traps up and you shouldn't have hunters wandering there anymore.

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:10:29 am »

i got caged dwarves this way xD i could sell them to the elves. they were listed as deceased :S
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.