Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The item of spam: always on a mayors mind  (Read 488 times)

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The item of spam: always on a mayors mind
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:24:45 pm »

I've tried to find said item hes looking for, but theres a fortress big enough for 100 dwarves, and I've not got a hope in hell of finding it, is there any way I could get the game to zoom in on  the item in hes so obsessed about, or make him forget about it (I can't afford to kill him, he's good friends with my elite marksdwarf, and the second best marksdwarfafter that.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The item of spam: always on a mayors mind
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:14:48 pm »

Have you told anyone to stay inside?  Do you have any doors or drawbridges controled by levers?  Do you have any ponds on your map?  Any inaccesible pits?

Jing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:00:08 am »

Could also be that the cabinet/coffer they are trying to store it in is blocked

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:36:24 am »

ive got two shafts to old exploratory tunnels that are blocked off, and a pit and a garbage dump, however both lead into lava, so that couldnt be it.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:59:51 am »

Sorry for double post but I worked out what it was, I checked up on all his items I knew he owned and they were stored in his cabinet, so I wondered had he inherited anything, and whilst trying to find his father I realised his father was a guy who'd got trapped outside the gatehouse during a seige and had been slaughtered, then fell into the moat.

We'd never been able to fish the body out and thought nothing of it, and the mayor was too busy tantrumming to startclaiming his fathers possessions, but after I'd cheered him up with several glass armour racks he must of gone about claiming his fathers stuff, the majority of which is floating around in the moat.

So I forbid all the crap in my moat and now hes back to normal!