Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Skullcrusher Mountain (A Story / Community Lair)  (Read 15230 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Skullcrusher Mountain (A Story / Community Lair)
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:29 am »

The beginning of Chapter 3 is up, and a link has been added to the first page.

EDIT: Chapter 3 has been updated.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:59:56 pm by Sappho »

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »

Cepheid:  "Yes!  I must report back to my superiors about this FLOOR that is being constructed!  Surely it must be part of some nefarious plan for world domination!"

*Cepheid notices the others staring at her.*

Cepheid:  "What?"
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 08:06:51 pm »

Chapter 3 has been updated yet again - this time with VIDEOS!

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 08:16:42 pm »

Five economic stones says I have the shortest lived dwarf of this entire fortress.

Edit:  Have you considered slavery for the spy rather than death?  That is, assuming she is not dead yet from your death trap tests.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:25:26 pm by Cepheid »
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 03:16:15 am »

Like the Videos, good to see the device works!

Hey, maybe Cepheid is a mute, and the horse who died was the real spy?

Just in case, why not leave Cepheid in the trap until it's needed, just to make sure?

You could draft some dwarfs who need dicipline into the army, give them no armor or weapons, and have them spar the best soldier.  Undrafting or clever use isolated barracks should make sure the matchup is as uneven as possible.  Who knows, maybe the dwarf will only lose their kneecaps!

darksaiyan

• Bay Watcher
  • Livin' with the dwarves since 2007
    • View Profile
    • The Game Reviews Database
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 03:37:55 am »

Name:  Darkie
Specialty:  Being 1337 with teh Xbow! Pheer my skillz0rz!
Reason for wanting to hench with us:  I'm in it pher teh lewt.
How do we know you aren't a spy?: You don't! 1337s has honor!

Now really, put me wherever you wish, I just made him more l33t for making the story more spiced up when you speak through him.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 08:38:36 am »

Name: St. Rheealpy (Or was it "the Real Spy."?)
Specialty:Information gathe- Er...Cook. Thats right..The cook.
Reason for wanting to hench with us:To serve the Dr. of course.
How do we know that you aren't a spy?: I believe my credentials speak for themselves http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comics/057.jpg

Could you make it so this guy loves cats? Maby if he gains enough status have his room entrance be a giant cat head =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:52 am »

I would like to put an idea in the suggestion box. maybe you already know this trick but it doesn't matter. If you put a dwarf spy in a room full of cage traps he will eventually fall asleep and if a dwarf is unconscious on a cage trap he will be trapped in the cage ;D It's really useful if you want to get rid of unwanted people because you can put the cage anywhere you want and also use mechanisms to open the cage

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:44 pm »

Lovage does not consider this your typical marriage so much as a marriage of convenience.  It's good to be close to the dwarf that knows where all the traps are, and what lever does what.

Not to mention the tax benefits...

(Also, a suggestion!  A slip of paper, anonymous and devoid of fingerprints, with 'coin minting operation + vault, secure airlock system, remote control' written on it in a neat handwriting.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 11:19:11 pm »

Name: Fred
Specialty: Guard Duty
Reason for wanting to hench with us: Worked for another mad scientist fellow. Never came out of the lab. We found the fellow dead of starvation one day, and then I decided to seek reemployment. Anywhere else Evil Henching would be a negative thing to have on a resume.
How do we know you aren't a spy?: If you think I'm a spy, fine. Lock me up in a room. As long as I have a bed and some food in my belly, I'm just fine with that. If you don't want me, fine. I'll go. There's got to be somewhere else hiring...

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 06:35:37 am »

Is Sappho still around?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 10:29:04 am »

Sorry guys, just taking a few days off.  Feel free to write up a side-story or two if you like.

By the way, I should warn you all that I won't be around in a few weeks.  I'll be moving to a tiny little village in the Alps with no TV or internet, and I'll be living there till next June (with a week or two break to come home around Xmas).  So I'll have to try to finish as much of this story as I can before I go, then pass it off to someone else I guess.

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 10:58:36 am »

Oh well. Might as well get in on it while it lasts.

Name: Fingers
Specialty: Larceny, extortion, creative bookkeeping.
Reason for wanting to hench with us: The money's good, and some places don't much care if you skim a little off the top.
How do we know you aren't a spy?: I won't be, for as long as you pay more than the competition...

Prometheus

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 12:42:08 pm »

Gamma liked his work. He made mechanisms. Sometimes he installed mechanisms. He always had work with Bloodypuzzle and Lovage since their mistress, Dr. Destruction, was always demanding all mechanisms to be over-the-top and highly elaborate. Every extra trigger meant more mechanisms and more work. Creating such complex machines was a work of nothing but pure love. Seeing how everything fitted together and worked fluidly to drop hapless spies into pits of magma and other such was such a brilliant use of his skills. Every time the lever would be pulled, he would know the satisfaction of a job well done, as well as the glee of knowing that one less organic scumbag was wiped from the world of the living.
With a metallic creak, the dwarfbot lifted another piece of stone onto the machine shop's workbench and began shaping it into gears and axles and counterweights.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 07:57:52 pm »

Name: Alegero

Specialty: Guard duty

Reason for wanting to hench with us: My parents, grandparents, and so on for about 12 generations, each served in a diabolical industry, larceny, scams, politics and the like. I'm continuing the family tradition.

How do we know you aren't a spy?: It would be an insult to me. My family has both a strict code against ethics and a strict code against betraying your employer. I'll admit that they do occasionally conflict, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4