Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alnissodel - Community fortress-  (Read 4132 times)

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alnissodel - Community fortress-
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 01:09:36 pm »

I have also noticed something strange going on between Dee and Kilrud, I believe they have somewhat of a romantic intrestest in each other, but I cant be certain as I am almost always seperated from the other dwarves, being our only miner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha, must be a real love/hate sort of thing, given their rivalry in the beginning. Dee is slow to anger while Kilrud is in a constant state of internal rage, one is friendly while the other doesn't go out of her way to help others. Well, you know what they say; rivalry begets competition begets admiration begets love.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 08:00:07 am »

A Page From Lokums Journal.

It was a sad, and very cruel winter for many of us. A Most of us went without alcohol the entire winter, drinking nothing but this ice cold water. A few even had to resort to hunting vermine for food, and I found out that cave bee's are rather tasty, but all hope is not lost. The first set of crops is already begning to mature, praise be Berus for saving us all. One of our hammer dwarves has also taken some serious wounds while practicing, and i fear its because he never took the time to learn some of his more basic wrestling moves. this is the second such injury he has taken. I hope Kilrud will do something help train him in dodging soon.

On a less depresing note, I finished digging out the areas needed for our new dinning hall, and it should soon be complete.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:02:54 am by Balor Kartain »

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »

A Page from Lokums Journal

The spring and summer of 652 has been filled with some of the most unfortunate of events. Most of us have gone hungry for the majority of the time and Kilrud has been rather strict on the rationing of alcohol. We had a dwarf claim our Crafts workshop and when i approached him he simply babbled, TREE OF LIFE, GIVE ME THE TREE. I asked him where I would get the tree from, and he proceeded to say the same thing over and over again.
  Eventually he threwhimself down the chasm that the cave river drains into. I recently walked by the same crafts workshop to see someone else sitting there, a small, rather young child, drawing pictures with the pebbles of forests. I told the child to go back to its parents, there are no trees around here in this frozen waste land, but the child ignored me and continued drawing tree's.

PS

On another note, The cave spider population has been getting rather ramped, Several of the peasants have been teaching themselves how to make clothing out of cave spider silk, and I hope they will produce some valuable trade goods for the next time the merchants come.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:27:10 pm by Balor Kartain »

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:02:55 pm »

A Page from Lokum's journal

I manage to save the child from the same fate that befell the previous tree-obsessed Lyemaker. When the merchants came, I purchased all of the logs that they had. The child quickly took the dangerous trek through the small tunnel system leading above ground, traveresed the chasm, and grabbed 3 of our valuable wood logs. The child proceeded to make, a wooden bracelet, adorned with wood bands and wooden spikes, with an image of some Dwarves surrounded by some dwarves. I shook my head and patted the child, now claiming to be a legendary wood crafter (as if we need one of thoes), on the back and sent him on his merry way.

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:02 pm »

Would it be too much trouble to uploaded the map to DMFA?

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 08:12:12 am »

The first thing that came to mind was, no it wouldent be any trouble at all. Then i kept getting this as a result
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3408-alnissodel
yea, I have no idea why its doing that, but DF is doing it every time i export a map

Ok did some stuff and here is the map.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/addpointofinterest.php?view_mapid=3409
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:16:51 am by Balor Kartain »

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 11:58:19 am »

A Page From Lokum's Journal, Early winter 652

A horrible accident started at the onset of winter. As I worked to get our new entrance ready to recieve traiders before the onset of winter, I overlooked some of the most basic principals of mining. I accidentally mined out a ledge while standing on it, and fell amongst some debris. I badly mangled my lower right arm and am unable to hold a pick any longer. I must rest untill my arm gets better.
 Kilrud came and told me to give my pick to one of the peasants and I told him I would never allow an inexperianced oaf to handel my families pick. He stormed out of the room, and Dee came in some time later to ask for the pick. I promptly told her that I would be better soon, and that I didnt trust anyone else with it.
 If they want a new miner, they are gonna have to buy a pick from one of the merchants, or pry it from my cold dead hands.

Balor Kartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 12:41:48 pm »

A Page from Lokum's Journal, late winter 652

A most disturbing thing happened today while i was laying in bed. Kilrud came in the room carrying a very fancy bone coffin. He said one of the craftsdwarves made it when taken by a mood. Kilrud said that he was giving it to me as a get well present, I personally think he is planning for my demize, as he has put it in the room right next to mine.

~~
Vodcog, "Soundboots" a char bone coffin

this is a char bone coffin. All craftdwarship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of tower cap. On the item is an image of a bison in char bones. On the item is an image of a circle in turtle shell.
~~
Pages: 1 [2]