Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphic set improvements?  (Read 1052 times)

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
Graphic set improvements?
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:27:47 pm »

Closest I've seen to this:
  • Req564, MORE CUSTOMIZATION FOR UNITS, (Future): You can set their type names, but being able to set colors or custom tiles should also be possible.
  • Bloat368, GENDER-BASED PICTURES, (Future): You should be able to further specify which graphical tiles are used if you like.

Mainly this is a question as I'm sure it's been suggested before. Just can't find where and I don't quite feel like performing thread necromancy that much...

I've been wondering if anyone's heard when we might be able to set individual tiles for creatures and items? Like making barrels use tile blah and such. Personally, I use Guybrush's tileset, but I find that quite a few items use tiles that make them look silly... Like up arrows being trees... Or like map features appearing as a weapon rack... :P

I know this is on the big "to do" list, though. Just curious to if it's been put in a specific timetable yet. :3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:57:48 pm by Zombie »
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic set improvements?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:15:26 pm »

Core 50, TILESET SUPPORT, (Future): Allow graphical tiles to be used for all game objects.

That's all I know about a timetable, though.  It's a core item planned for the future, but I don't recall hearing anything about it getting worked on soon.  The Future of the Fortress doesn't have the presentation arc listed explicitly, but Toady has said that he wants to remain a little loose regarding what he's working on.  So he might bounce around and do some items from the presentation arc now and then.  You never know.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic set improvements?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:53:43 pm »

Would be cool to see what tilesets (and the tile config files necessary) people would make if/when we can set our own graphics. :3
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!