Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Romance of the 3 Kingdoms XI.  (Read 5976 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms XI.
« on: July 26, 2008, 03:15:01 pm »

English version is coming out pretty soon!

http://www.koei.com/community/index.php?topic=8974.0

"Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI for Windows-based PC will now be released in North America on September 9, 2008 exclusively through digital download on Direct2Drive and Trygames.

I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience that this may have caused.

The good news is that we will soon be launching a free demo which will be available soon on FilePlanet and Filefront. Stay tuned for details.

Thanks."

Oh man I remember playing a lot with RoTK 4 & 6 quite a lot back in time. I am going to buy this for sure.  8)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Romance of the 3 Kingdoms XI.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »

11 is a disappointment, they made the fighting happen in the world, not in battle. It's also way too much like Dynasty Tactics, but without the tactics. They also dumbed down the entire empire thing.

ROTK 7 is the best that I've played.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:20:20 pm »

11 is a disappointment, they made the fighting happen in the world, not in battle. It's also way too much like Dynasty Tactics, but without the tactics. They also dumbed down the entire empire thing.

ROTK 7 is the best that I've played.

Hm, so how is the battlesystem working now? Can you explain? Also I suppose you were playing with the PS version? That might be different compared to the windows versions [chinese + japanese versions only so far from those]

*Edit*

Ive found some infos:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Romance-Three-Kingdoms-11-PC/dp/B0018BCAVW

BATTLE: ADVANCED TACTICS SYSTEM

RTKXI'S new tactics and Advanced Tactics System change the way battles are fought. Now, players can force an enemy unit back a square or lure them into a square currently occupied by one of your units who are ready to unleash a trap or ambush. Tactics can be linked together for maximum damage.

With the single world map, you can now prepare various defensive facilities and set traps which can be used during warfare. Destroy dams to unleash torrential floods of water, or lure unsuspecting enemies into fire traps. The Advanced Tactics System adds a new twist to the strategy of unit placement and movement on the battlefield.

Also a video from the upcoming PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUgGhTvbkiw

Hm I think I know what you mean. Looks like interesting anyway.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 03:25:24 pm by Tormy »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:25:35 pm »

I've only played RotK 3.  Koei seems to have a problem with innovation.  How many times will the three kingdoms romance, and the dynasties war before they do something new?
Shoes...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 03:43:42 pm »

I've only played RotK 3.  Koei seems to have a problem with innovation.  How many times will the three kingdoms romance, and the dynasties war before they do something new?

They made a major change between DW 5 and 6. They gave it current era graphics and.. ruined the characters.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:18:42 pm »

I have DW4, I hate how when your leader gives a battle speech, your army cheers, but it's just one guy going "yeah!"
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:36:23 pm »

I'm sort of a DW addict.  I have 3, 4, and 5, or 2, 3, 4 in japan, though I don't have any of the expansions.  I'd have 6 if I could afford a PS3.  I don't really mind the lack of innovation that much.  I mean, it could be allot worse.  They could use Bethesda's "innovation" and just make everything pretty and shitty, ruining the core gameplay and just about everything else.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 07:29:53 pm »

My favorite so far is RotK 10, then 8. I prefer the psuedo RPG ones where you can play as an officer, or affiliate yourself with no one and wander. Ten was better in that regard, because you had simple quests you could do.

I would have liked a RotK 10, PC. In English. Ah well...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 08:39:55 am »

PC demo is out @ Fileplanet.  8)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:30:28 am »

I've played it a bit.  Apparently it's just the tutorials.  There are quite a few of them though.  They really make Liu Bei seem like an idiot in the dialogues for some reason.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 10:38:32 am »

heh...when first I saw your name I thought it was "Ironic Kittencuddler"...heh
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:40:24 am »

I've played it a bit.  Apparently it's just the tutorials.  There are quite a few of them though.  They really make Liu Bei seem like an idiot in the dialogues for some reason.

Yeah in the last part of the tutorial you can try to capture an enemy city. So far I love this game, even tho there is no separated combat mode. Im going to buy this.

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 01:53:59 am »

My favorite so far is RotK 10, then 8. I prefer the psuedo RPG ones where you can play as an officer, or affiliate yourself with no one and wander. Ten was better in that regard, because you had simple quests you could do.
Yeah, this is basically how I feel.

I too am a compulsive DW/RotTK player. God I wish I could stop. I also play every Armored Core : /

I will probably love this game. Damn me.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 08:34:15 am »

Hm if its true KOEI wont ship the game with the Power Up Kit.  ::)
Ah damn, if this is true, lets hope that they will make it downloadable later on.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:18 am »

Power Up kit?

Pages: [1] 2