Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Manorcurl, digging in the wet... Uncle frosted wants YOU for fortress duty!  (Read 2160 times)

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the dutch dwarven republic, under the group wetbeers the dike of alleigance, set out from the mountainhomes, and like most dwarven groups, was dodgily unprepared.  The spot we had to embark to wasn't bad, although it did have problems with water.  Good thing we brought clogs...

[image goes here.  because I forgot to screen it, imagine magma tube in the SE corner of a 3x3, with a forest on the east 1/3 and the rest a normal woodland.  a brook goes through the middle:
n n F
~ ~ ~
n n
~

what I need you for is for possession of the poor cheesemak soldiers, craftsdwarves etc when they immigrate.  I'm not asking for much, but I need your help in making this fortress tough enough to withstand a Demon-possessed King and not fall into tantrums. Now, WHO IS WITH ME?!

NEWS!  due to problems involving an exchange student, I couldn't get online much.  HAVE NO FEAR, for I shall post the adventures of the dwarves later in the week :D

Current recruits:
Dwarfaholic (macedwarf)
Keldor (Cheesemaker)
Iluogo (mechanic/pumper)
Jonothan (emperor - 2 in all metal profs)
Kira (weaponsmith)
Pierre (Miner)
Theo (social/fisher)

apologies to melon and techhead, it's kinda hard to run an aquifer fort with THREE smiths, if I can find anything I'll be sure to send it over your way (as well as johnathan's, and kira's) when you arrive later in the year :P.  Also, we'll clean the fort so melonius doesn't bitch as much about DIRTY :D

Immigrant re-assignments:
Melonius Greeback V (Smith)
Elijah Glassier (OCD)
[open]
[open]
[open]
[open]
[open]

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:06:23 am by frostedfire »
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Me. Can I have one of the starting characters?

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile

I'll come!

Name:  Keldor
Profession:  Cheesemaker, of course!
Personality: Keldor is a connoisseur of fine cheeses.  He has been unhappy lately at the lack of wonderful, exotic cheeses at the fort he used to live in, as well as that fort's manager's unwillingness to import large quantities of dairy products with which to make cheese out of.  Hence, Keldor left, deciding that if he were to truly get cheese worthy of kings, he would have to learn to make it himself.  Keldor demands the import of copious amounts of milk, for if he is to ever become a legendary cheesemaker, he will need a lot of practice.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Earl, Biologist

Profession: Macedwarf

Personality: Interested in all the types of animal life, Earl mission in life is to study all the different types of critters he can find.
Their innards, to be precise. On his mace, to be even more precise.

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a dutch fortress! well i can't resist then of course.

i'd like a dwarf:iluogo
profession: mechanic and pump operator  ;D

personality: loves pumps and mills his mission is to make a elaborate pump system with a waterfall for the entrance and also dikes lots of dikes in the river everywhere as much as possible

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

ME TOO!

Name: Jonathan.
Class: Emperor

*Emperor is really metal smithing two in each.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile

I guess I'll join.
Name: Kira
Profession: Weaponsmith

I'll forge the weapons of our war machine.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm, better post my test fort's progress so far whilst I waited for recruits*

my cart started out on a hillside overlooking the local brook.  the miners, eager to find stone and a place to mine, set off into the hill behind us.  the lumberjack charged off after some trees, and the remaining dwarves started chatting about the current house ber noble's mandates back at the mountainhomes.

Soon enough, we found some rocks near the magma (you could see it in the pipe so it became easy to find :P) , and stonework began.  beds were thrown up in the barracks, and a small stockpile was set up so we didn't have to run around to the far end of the fort to get to work :P

I tried to set up a caisson, and my mason eventually set up the screw pump, just a little too close to the magma...

[insert image *stoneworker died from the heat* here]

*might as well know something about the location (that it gets wet QUICKLY) , that and I can just re-build the place, the world was only 129x129 w/1 reject.  that and I had to correct a silly error involving my 2 miners :P
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile

Name: Pierre
Profession: Mimer
Description: Pierre is a sad, mute dwarven mime, who, due to a clerical error, is now a miner.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take a ride on the wagon too.

Melonius Greeback the Fifth
Profession: Smith of Any Sort
Description; A somewhat shadowy Dwarf of a somewhat shadowy past, he does not take to alcohol as much as other dwarves and has a steely look in the eye.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

I would like to join.
Elijah Glassier
Profession: Glassmaker/Soaper.
Description: I am psychotic neat-freak who has OCD and loves clean stuff, like glass, as well as stuff that cleans, like soap. Also, although I have a preference for soap, you cannot make soap without glass. I am also willing to slaughter any unclean animals and/or dwarves for fat and/or food. Also, I probably wont mind burning ugly logs into neat little piles of ash, throwing the ash in buckets with some water, and then burning the resulting potash again. Is it neat? Tell me it is neat... So shiny and clean and pretty. What do you mean it's not neat? I stab you ten times with pointy glass spike!
I do not have issues, unless the soil layer is devoid of sand. Then I will go psycho and kill you all. Twice.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Theoclymenus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join!

Put me down as Theo [random dwarven last name]
Profession: Trader/Appraiser/Bookkeeper (This is if I am allowed social skills, I get the vibe I might not be).
Secondary Profession: Fisher/Fish Cleaner.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

JonAthan.

Get it right  :-X

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

Psychotic cleaner (Heh, I like that profession name) doesn't see much point in having 3 smiths in a fort of 7. Although I do prefer them over dirty, dirty, grimy, messy farmers, I think I might end up using one of them for dwarf tallow.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Name: Plumpy
Profession: Brewer/Cook, also Herbalist/Farmer (only if I have too)
Description: I LOVE food and alchohol!  I'm willing to do all the cooking and brewing, as long as nobody minds my tasting what I cook/brew.  I'll even harvest plants if I have to.  I've been known to grow plants when desperate, but I usually don't want to wait that long.  It takes, like, forever for plants to grow.  Everyone calls me Plumpy because of my fondness of the Plump Helmets.  The fact I have a slight weight problem has nothing to do with it.

Plumpy wispers softly: "And if things go bad, this wouldn't be my first time working with dwarf tallow."
Pages: [1] 2