Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing of wounds to internal organs.  (Read 1047 times)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing of wounds to internal organs.
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:45:57 am »

One of my dwarves got badly wounded in a sparring accident. She was resting for nearly 2 years but has finally got up and started walking around again - but she still has a red lung wound. Shouldn't she still be in bed resting?

Is this wound ever likely to heal? The wiki seems to suggest that it might as it's not a brain or spine injury, but on the other hand if she doesn't rest she might never get better.

I suppose she will be useless in the military as she keeps falling unconscious. Maybe I should reward her with the position of Sheriff or something, though sooner or later she'll probably fall unconscious on top of a trap and get crushed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Healing of wounds to internal organs.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:50:14 am »

They should heal some red wounds randomly on season changes, it happened to me.
And the fact that she walks is maybe a feature which is represented by the last update ("allowed resters to move again if they've made bad decisions about where to plop down").
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 06:25:04 am »

That's possible, but I doubt it; this dwarf isn't just walking around trying to find a better place to rest, she's acting as if she's unwounded except that she keeps cancelling jobs because she falls unconscious.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:37:48 am »

I had a one-lung dwarf before; she wouldn't spar but she was otherwise perfectly normal. I followed her around for a while and she did not faint once(she was quite experienced and had got tough, I guess). Just take her out of the military and nickname her "wheezy"

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:02:26 am »

dwarfs can survive with one lung. I had a few draws with red lung. They occasionally got winded but lived on normally.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:24:05 am »

Yep a dwarf only needs one lung to live, but he can faint a fair few times, in my old fortress my lead marksdwarf had one lung, was annoying if he fell unconscious on the way to his post and people all sat by him instead of going to the damned fortifications.