Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: My Little Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 42457 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »

Thank god, a woman and a doctor in one!

Not sure about the weak sense: touch, since she appears to be a surgeon, so perhaps you could replace it with something else? If you do, make sure that it is as relevant as you can get it please! RP is GOOD in this thread!

Perhaps you could take a fire axe from the hospital that you hid incase of the others leaving you, or something like that? Your character isn't weak in melee, just firearms, remember that!

Shit, forgot to explain that. The idea was that despite the fact that she's brilliant and really nice, she has no idea of her own strength and is therefore overly rough with her patients (and friends ;D). I've met a *lot* of doctors like this.

Hope that cleared it up.

And about the weapon thing, there's the Hippocratic oath to consider: "Do no harm." If enough people want me to include it, I will, but I think she should be reluctant to use it. (Despite the fact that her targets are dead, they still "look" like people. This should make things hard on our doc.)

Any comments on the alcoholic thing?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2008, 07:16:38 pm »

This all seems like rather unknown information to the character, but I'll stop badgering people about the spoiler tags. Even though I shouldn't have to.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2008, 08:16:08 pm »

Dont make her dependant on alcohol, thats just wasteful and stupid. Scot's aren't alcohol dependant, they just like a good shot or two.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2008, 11:56:58 pm »

Not exactly the route I was going. She's certainly not a dwarf. I'll drop the alcoholism but I'm going to keep the booze. It can still be used as disinfectant.

Also, I've had a change of heart about that axe, I think I'll take it.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2008, 06:30:43 am »

Dont make her dependant on alcohol, thats just wasteful and stupid. Scot's aren't alcohol dependant, they just like a good shot or two or ten
Fixed.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2008, 08:35:40 am »

Darnit nilocy I was going to do that. =[
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2008, 09:04:28 am »

When is leo planning on updating? Not to push I know from all the new people updates will be even slower.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2008, 11:35:04 am »

Rickvoid: don't let everyone tell you what kind of character you should have! If you want an axe-wielding drunken Scottish doctor with calloused man-hands, it's really not a problem.

As for the weak sense as a disadvantage, I kind of figured a lot of people would take it. I'm not horribly worried about game balance since this isn't going to last a year of Saturday nights and it's kind of arbitrary out of necessity. For example, people who mistakenly take only one possessions choice from Group A instead of two tend to find another gun soon after starting :P

I'll get new folks in the next update.

I've got a couple pieces of work to get done before I update Turn 9. It's a lot of writing ... I'm generally pretty close to the character limit when I post an update. Once I had to split it in half.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2008, 03:18:59 pm »

There are some groups that would have a problem with bringing real-world issues into their fantasy game. There are some who wouldn't. It's clear that we have both here. I wasn't too keen on making her alcoholic (kind of a a, "It's my fault they all died, I put down the zombie myself with this axe, everytime I close my eyes I see their faces, so I drink myself to sleep" thing), but when I was planning her in notepad the story just kind of bloomed in my head.

We have a lot of other things going on, and having a doctor who may or may not be shit-faced while she's got you open isn't going to be very helpful in the long run. I'm still going to give her some kind of psychological issue stemming from her earlier encounter, but nothing that's going to put the safety of a patient at risk.

Oh, and I wasn't letting them push me around. I did as for an opinion, and like I said, I didn't like the idea much myself, but it was just the first thing that came to mind. Staying true to the vision of the character and all that.  ;D

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2008, 05:28:16 pm »

Hey, I only took one choice from possessions, I just remembered! Look for yourself if you dont believe me!

Could you fix this somehow in future updates Leo? Sorry about the workload, perhaps we should have a limit to the numbers of players or something? I dunno...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2008, 06:38:50 pm »

Hey, I only took one choice from possessions, I just remembered! Look for yourself if you dont believe me!

Could you fix this somehow in future updates Leo? Sorry about the workload, perhaps we should have a limit to the numbers of players or something? I dunno...
Zako he will probably just find you a weapon or something, Chances are hes planned it already.

I totally agree I think its time to close the doors on newcomers.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2008, 06:53:29 pm »

Not totally immortal, just everytime someone dies or when its appropiate, then they can jump in with a character. They can still join, but have to wait in a que for their turn.

And speaking of which, some characters haven't posted, so we could remove them. The indonesia guy for example? No offence, but he hasn't posted since turn 1, I think that its time for him to go.

I prefer that not too many people join though, even to just lighten the load on Leo, it gets very complicated trying to look after a lot of individuals after all.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2008, 08:14:08 pm »

Also the updates on characters end up being rather bland compared to the start because there's so much that has to be spread everywhere.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:21 pm »

True that, most weren't as good as the first one, which is a shame. And they seem to be coming later on in time too. Which is even more of a shame.  :'(

Perhaps we should have a player limit or something? When in groups, other people can start playing since a group has one perception of the world which could be typed in one post instead of multiple posts, unless something specific happens to a person.

This would shorten time for waiting for new turns, so we can all enjoy the game better, not that its not great as it is.  :-[

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2008, 02:03:58 pm »

I had a game running on another site where I had to adjudicate the actions of every player in the game (14 all told), where one action could potentially cause death for everyone currently in the game. That was no fun. I got through about six updates before I had to hand it over to someone else.

I won't go into detail about it, but here's a link if you're interesting in reading it. http://www.attnam.com/viewtopic.php?t=390&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20