Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: My Little Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 42474 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2008, 07:19:08 pm »

Once again, use the spoiler tags. It's not hard.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2008, 08:58:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EE
E@E
EEE

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2008, 09:28:45 pm »

Id like to jump in, unless there was an entrance time-limit. My friends and I tried a zombie-apoc DnD but it didnt work because we knew everything about each other, so this seems a bit more fun =). If its too late for me to join then ignore this.

My Char.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:23:31 am by Tubi2b »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2008, 05:48:20 am »

I reckon you should have made a female doc Tubi2b, because the game needs both in high demand.

But an inventor is a NICE touch! Never thought of that! He needs physical support, but that is easily handled by the over-abundance of "Fighter" types.

And since he needs glasses, wouldn't that count as weak sense: sight, since he obviously has a sight problem? You can get rid of clumsy then, since he is obviously careful with the soldering iron to be able to make that stuff, otherwise he has some serious injuries to start with...

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2008, 07:13:34 am »

Youre right about the clumsy; I decided to change my character half-way through and guess I didnt change that. The glasses is a iffy thing.. by thick I meant thick-framed (editing now), not necessarily thick lenses. But yes, without them I suppose he would have poor sight. But I will account for that... say... because he invents he has to look into a lot of bright lights at a very close range, reducing his vision. He was originally going to be a conspiracy theorist... but that sounded like not enough usefulness. He was going to have a potato gun instead of PVC cannon but who would use their food as a weapon?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:15:38 am by Tubi2b »

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2008, 07:34:45 am »

Besides dwarves?

<--------
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2008, 05:27:01 pm »

My god...

How could I have not seen it before?!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2008, 08:53:55 am »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2008, 10:42:04 am »

Sorry, yes Aq and Dwarfaholic found each other. I forgot (frogrot) to write that after the spoiler parts.

Also, it's not New Zealand, nor an island :P
I think at first I didn't specify, but I might have later. It's on the west coast of the US. There is a larger city to the north, another to the south (along a highway), the sea to the west, and a north-south mountain range to the east. Lots of moisture, cloud cover, generally cool, with solid seasonal variation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:00 am »

If you dont read every one elses spoiler, dont read this one =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2008, 02:46:01 pm »

Answer for Mulch Diggums:
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2008, 05:03:25 pm »

I would think that the abandoned cades from the guard will stop you from driving out though.

So, I reckon that the best way out is by the base or perhaps a boat if you can find the keys...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »

EDIT: False alarm.  Leaving this here because my netpresence will be intermitent anyway.

Due to some ridiculous circumstances and general idiocy, I'll probably be internetus interuptus for a week or more, but I certainly don''t want to see my character up and disappear.  General outline-

Sir Edmund and Dwarfaholic - If I'm reading your spoilers, you should probably be reading mine too.  After all, we're not hiding anything from each other.

And yes, I now know we're not in New Zealand.  That makes Aq all the better.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:02:00 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »

Since Nilocy is never going to start the Mech game (glares) I suppose I could hop in on this.

Hell, I'll even be nice enough to cover two things you guys think you need right now: a doctor, and another chick.

NOTE: I am a dude. I have never been, and never will be, a chick. Therefore, I'll be stereotyping both the doctor and woman factors to unprecedented levels. This is why I took "obnoxious" as a penalty. You have been warned.  8)
NOTE2: Attempting to woo my character will result in failure, everytime. Unless she's drunk. In which case she'll fall asleep before you finish, leaving you unfulfilled. So there.  ;D
NOTE3: She'll also hate you in the morning. :'(

Some things you may have noticed-
1. She has Inept (firearms) and did not take a gun. Despite the fact that I myself am a big fan of firearms, I don't imagine a doctor that works out of a free clinic would share my opinion. I did take a number of things that should be helpful for fixing you guys, but if you think of anything I didn't I'll add it in, if that's okay with the guy running the game. I ought to get some benefit for leaving myself unarmed.
2. I mentioned Whiskey. Twice. Partly, this is because it does work as a sterilizer in a pinch (high alcohol content). Partly, I'm considering making her a mild alcoholic. She wasn't a light drinker before the outbreak, but now she's got a lot of guilt because it was mostly her fault that those patients got eaten. Partly, I like Whiskey. If you guys have a problem with the alcoholic doctor, let me know and I'll drop it. If I go ahead with it, I may make it a half-empty(full?) bottle instead, to show how she passed that time alone.
3. Rather than being a red-haired Irish firebrand, she's a red-haired Scottish firebrand. Personal preference, that's all.  ;)

Let me know what ya think.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:57:51 pm by rickvoid »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2008, 06:53:12 pm »

Thank god, a woman and a doctor in one!

Not sure about the weak sense: touch, since she appears to be a surgeon, so perhaps you could replace it with something else? If you do, make sure that it is as relevant as you can get it please! RP is GOOD in this thread!

Perhaps you could take a fire axe from the hospital that you hid incase of the others leaving you, or something like that? Your character isn't weak in melee, just firearms, remember that!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20