Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Interesting Gods  (Read 2654 times)

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interesting Gods
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:05:36 pm »

Whenever I gen a new world I pop open the Legends screen and check out some of the major figures. Megabeasts, gods, demons, forces...

The Dwarves can have some pretty interesting gods. The animal gods are crazy. A few worlds ago one of the gods was a Fluffy Wambler.

Now I've got an evil Mountain Goat god named Nar. There's a demon named Oslo who is worshipped by a TON of dwarves instead of goblins.

I just found a neat one, Lim erkun, Lim "The Infinite Cat" He's associated with dreams.

In the same pantheon they've got Erong Crotchmolds, the god of depravity.

Actually now that I look at it, almost all of the gods in this pantheon are evil. Evil dwarves, who woulda thunk it? I wonder if they're also the ones worshipping that demon.

Here's another demon, Zakosp Ostangom Usmdas Orgu, who is worshipped by elves. This seems to be a very evil world. LOL

Anybody else have some interesting gods to share?
- Relee the Squirrel --

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Gods
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:09:14 pm »

The dwarves, elves etc who worship another species' gods are generally prisoners of war raised by that group; ie. babysnatched dwarves who were raised by goblins.

My favorite was a Rat God.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:12:15 pm »

I recently gen'd a world with that mega-volcano paramater set in the cookbook.  it came out with a horry marmot god, and a bat god.  among other less furry things.

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:49:52 pm »

The thing that was significant about those demons is that they were never worshipped by goblins, only dwarves and elves. Unless it doesn't record when a goblin worships a demon...
- Relee the Squirrel --

Yngar the Wise

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:26:14 pm »

"Thur", Human God of Thunder, Rain, and Storms.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:22 pm »

Just what the world needs - vikings with a drawl.
ow did this get here

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:40:05 pm »

I can't rememeber the name, but there was a Fly Diety that had to do with Wind, Sun, Moon, and pretty much all there other attributes normally given to creator dieties.  I think it's cool to picture all the other Dwarven pathenon huddling up to hear what the fly of creation wants them to do.  Very madmaxian.  =->
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Yngar the Wise

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:46:57 pm »

Just what the world needs - vikings with a drawl.

That world also had Obin, but he didnt have the right domains.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:22 am »

One of the deities in a world a deleted some time ago was Shedim, a god of something and rumors that looked like a female human.

Leinad

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 06:28:20 pm »

"Risen Brandedsparks" - God from a dwarven civ
Most often depicted as a fire man and associated with trade, wealth, volcanos, fire, metals and minerals.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »

Has anyone seen an elf-god? i.e. does Sentient Race A include Sentient Race B in its list of crazy things to make gods from?
I like it when you get skeletal or rotting gods; just a nice little thing to throw in there (I've never seen a skeletal animal god though. Do you think it checks if the animal has a skeleton first?).

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 05:55:15 am »

I forget his name, but...

Human God of Fish and Education; depicted as a male fish.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 06:20:43 am »

One of the deities in a world a deleted some time ago was Shedim, a god of something and rumors that looked like a female human.
From wiki:
"Shedim are demons or spirits, according to Jewish mysticism. Some are reputed to have had the legs of a cock."
o_O
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 06:23:59 am »

Has anyone seen an elf-god? i.e. does Sentient Race A include Sentient Race B in its list of crazy things to make gods from?
I like it when you get skeletal or rotting gods; just a nice little thing to throw in there (I've never seen a skeletal animal god though. Do you think it checks if the animal has a skeleton first?).

I've never seen it happen, myself.  If it's not of their race, I think it'll only go for reg monsters and animals, as Megas receive their own worship from being terrible beasts of destruction.  That would be cool, tho: Hero cults and saints and such. 
As for the decaying dieties, I would assume that it only picks things that could be undead to being with, which would sort of avoid the problem having a Skeletal Jelly Fish diety altogether.
Again, at least I never seen it happen.
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Airpi

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING:whimsy
    • View Profile
    • I say things. Often.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 08:30:52 pm »

The only true God of the Dwarves is Zuglar, the Soaked Splash, who appears as a dwarven male and is associated with coats.
⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ    ⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ
Pages: [1] 2