Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349661 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2100 on: April 20, 2009, 07:03:44 pm »

Scamps is attacking threetoe?  ::)

Threetoe is a rabbit not a Sloth.

Or another animal I cannot spell without embarassing myself.

Heh, it probably is a guinea pig, given his avatar.  Though wouldn't it properly be 3.5-toe then?  I always think of the sloth when I hear the name

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:09 pm »

By the way the "Guinea pig" has nothing to do with the country guinea. It was an old British currency and is spoken a bit french iirc. "Cuys" were sold for 1 guinea in Europe. Damn sea-taming Boatbuilding Elves! 
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 21, 2009, 12:34:48 pm »

Today's devlog: Unlimited animalmen attacks with crude weapons, unlimited wildlife. Troglodyte EVERYTHING.

I came.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »

Toady just put up a special sub-entity type thing to let underground animalmen have weapons/clothes without having to track each individual as a historical figure and also possibly without having to have settlements. That's actually something i suggested some time back.

WOO!  :D

This paves the way for a similar sub-entity thing for intelligent (semi-)megabeasts. No more titanic nudists, and bronze colossi can get ginormous suits of bronze armor and huge bronze weapons. From what i understand about what he just set up, you can apply it to aboveground creatures without any hitches already, so we can get ogres with clubs and tigermen with spears etc. Awesome.

Edit: Also, ThreeToe's avatar is a capybara. Silly forumgoers.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:49:16 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 21, 2009, 12:51:26 pm »

Ho-yeah! Non-designated civs are awesome!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 21, 2009, 01:16:37 pm »

the titans should still require a settlement with a forge to get/make that huge armour though...
unless they get it as a birthday gift from their deity parent. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:15 pm »

Toady just put up a special sub-entity type thing to let underground animalmen have weapons/clothes without having to track each individual as a historical figure and also possibly without having to have settlements. That's actually something i suggested some time back.

WOO!  :D

This paves the way for a similar sub-entity thing for intelligent (semi-)megabeasts. No more titanic nudists, and bronze colossi can get ginormous suits of bronze armor and huge bronze weapons. From what i understand about what he just set up, you can apply it to aboveground creatures without any hitches already, so we can get ogres with clubs and tigermen with spears etc. Awesome.

Ogre tribes roaming around would be pretty sweet.  As would packs of wolves, herds of... herd animals, etc.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 21, 2009, 01:23:54 pm »

something that could theoretically be exhausted but wouldn't happen in practice in dwarf mode, as they don't have to send every last critter after you while they breed back up and you can't currently hunt all of them down

sounds like a challenge to me
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 21, 2009, 01:47:02 pm »

Interesting, The Update brings new hope to allowing non-civilised creatures (Who may or may not be intelligent) to carry weapons.

Though it is the Beastmen so perhaps not since they could be considered a type of civilisation or special consideration.

Toady what are the future plans for the Beastmen in the sense of a social/civilisation structure if I am allowed to ask? Will they be Civilised or as an "Intelligent" creature will they automatically be drawn to form societies?

Hmm that isn't exactly what I want to ask... but I can't seem to call it forth in my mind.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:32 pm »

I hope that means also demons with adamantine weapons and maybe armor.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 21, 2009, 02:05:20 pm »

I hope that means also demons with adamantine weapons and maybe armor.

the whole point of the adamantine being there in the first place was to seal them I think
giving them the ability to make weapons and armor out of that stuff kinda destroys that image

that being said, a spirit of fire that is wearing adamantine armor and wields adamantine weapons is vastly overpowered
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 21, 2009, 02:07:54 pm »

Today's devlog: Unlimited animalmen attacks with crude weapons, unlimited wildlife. Troglodyte EVERYTHING.

I came.
When ever I hear something like that, I never believe them. To me, it always sounds like hyperbole. I mean, its pretty awesome, but it doesn't give the same KIND of satisfaction to most people as sex.

Also, I want trolls wielding both homemade clubs and dwarf-made hanheld ballistae.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 21, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »

Ok then some "demonic Metal" maybe. A firewhip would just fit the Balrog image i have from the Firesprits.

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 21, 2009, 02:12:26 pm »

Ok then some "demonic Metal" maybe. A firewhip would just fit the Balrog image i have from the Firesprits.

nah, the [SEVER_ON_BREAK] clearly indicates that spirits of fire more drift into that direction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the balrogs will have to wait until we get HFS below the HFS

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 21, 2009, 02:16:10 pm »

Well we will see what the new body definition for the demons and Spirits says. (partial) Armor for them would prevent the goblinrulers from dying by Bonebolts. But as said we will see what comes and can be modded.

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 148