Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349703 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2055 on: April 12, 2009, 11:35:12 pm »

Of course it'll be ASCII multi-colored lighting. However that works.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 13, 2009, 04:13:45 am »

hay TOADy? Will all of these new things happening in the new version, will it be harder to modd the Raws? also, when are we looking at for the next release.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 13, 2009, 06:24:07 am »

hay TOADy? Will all of these new things happening in the new version, will it be harder to modd the Raws? also, when are we looking at for the next release.

Well I can safely state that it will require much more time to mod the game. [Take a look at the new creature raws for example...] Harder? I don't think so...as for the release date....who knows...let's hope that it's gonna be released in august-september at latest.  :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 13, 2009, 06:31:30 am »

Toady places a bunch of Shortcuts in his codes.

If you look at the RAWs you will often see that Wolves, Bears, Tigers, Humans, Monkeys, Apes and such as almost EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

Yes if you want to make a Ent whos moss, leaves, bark, and moss as seperate bodyparts it will take longer.

So the answer is: Yes AND No
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:36:26 am by Neonivek »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 13, 2009, 08:00:05 am »

If I make Modbase compatible with it, the answer will be "Yes, No, and MAYBE". :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:18 pm »

Toady places a bunch of Shortcuts in his codes.

If you look at the RAWs you will often see that Wolves, Bears, Tigers, Humans, Monkeys, Apes and such as almost EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

It's amazing the number of creatures that happen to have four limbs, two eyes, two ears, one nose, one spine, and some other miscillany. Just amazing, really. If only there was a creature with two spines, like in real life. Then he wouldn't be lazy.  :D:P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 14, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

Hehe, nice one. Though I understand his point. It would be nice if there was more to them but the way the next version is coming up, we may have our wish. If anything, at least they'd have different skin colours and fur.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 14, 2009, 03:47:09 pm »

Of course it'll be ASCII multi-colored lighting. However that works.

I don't care how it works. It'll be a trip and a half.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 15, 2009, 05:51:49 am »

am I the only one concerned that these underground layers will mess a bit too much with building a fortress ?

they seem rather exsessive
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 15, 2009, 06:12:00 am »

AFAIK You can tweek them in the worldgen param.s

Also, is that one site or the whole world?

If the world, is this some new smaller than pocket world?

If site, everythings a bit big!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 15, 2009, 06:26:36 am »

am I the only one concerned that these underground layers will mess a bit too much with building a fortress ?

they seem rather exsessive

Toady pointed out in the other wall-o-answers that underground cavern sizes will be smaller and more broken up all around than the examples, and the size prevalency will be controllable in the init like other features.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 15, 2009, 07:00:18 am »

I personally like them huge as it gives a real possibility of something being down there like cities.

Heck I wouldn't mind them even larger, say... the size of a country.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:28 am »

I personally like them huge as it gives a real possibility of something being down there like cities.

Heck I wouldn't mind them even larger, say... the size of a country.

Hehe, reminds me of D'ni.

*wonders how long before Linking Books can be modded in*
Fefeshnelmargalip

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 15, 2009, 11:43:08 am »

Well I can safely state that it will require much more time to mod the game. [Take a look at the new creature raws for example...] Harder? I don't think so...as for the release date....who knows...let's hope that it's gonna be released in august-september at latest.  :)

Where?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 148