Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349235 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #915 on: December 11, 2008, 06:31:27 pm »

Loving these updates so far. First thing I'm making is a full-lifecycle Purring Hornet that injects 25000-heat magma-poison into people, making them instantly explode. Mwahaha.

Full life cycle? Polymorphism isn't going to extend that far this time around. I believe Toady has said (and I've repeated a couple times) that body parts on the same creature won't be able to change that drastically during the life cycle.

Well, yet. Though probably not anytime soon

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 11, 2008, 08:01:41 pm »

Diseases?  Will a diseased animal injecting you give you an illness?

I think that may very well be a possiblity for this release, yes.  I think he's going to start working on diseases and poisons after wounds (which hopefully will be coming up in the next week or so).

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 12, 2008, 03:41:09 am »

So the real question is will be be able to add a [CARRIER:HIV] tag to creatures?  [CARRIER:BLACKPLAGUE]????

Also [trANSMISSION:BITE] or [trANSMISSION:INJECT] or [trANSMISSION:SCRATCH]????????
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 12, 2008, 04:34:59 am »

Even better: a special itemcorpse for some kind of parasytic disease. Well, yeah, we can only make vermin via itemcorpses. But still... It could be fun, like in this episode:
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=ucDt7yJYCBc (warning: ATHF!).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 12, 2008, 09:19:19 am »

Diseases?  Will a diseased animal injecting you give you an illness?

Yeah, hopefully....realistically it should at least.  :)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 12, 2008, 10:12:44 am »

Loving these updates so far. First thing I'm making is a full-lifecycle Purring Hornet that injects 25000-heat magma-poison into people, making them instantly explode. Mwahaha.

Full life cycle? Polymorphism isn't going to extend that far this time around. I believe Toady has said (and I've repeated a couple times) that body parts on the same creature won't be able to change that drastically during the life cycle.
cocoon animals might be possible...  Can't you drop a living critter as a corpse?  (Purring Maggot dies and leaves behind a 'child' Hornet that grows up quickly)

I could be wrong

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 12, 2008, 11:31:52 am »

vermin barrel gnawing and cage escape

Bronze Collosus escaping (much carnage ensues) while player is distracted by firesnake induced explosions of booze: check

Lovin dis.

EDIT: A good reason to make metal barrels
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:34:40 am by Krash »
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 12, 2008, 01:35:01 pm »

vermin barrel gnawing and cage escape

Bronze Collosus escaping (much carnage ensues) while player is distracted by firesnake induced explosions of booze: check

Lovin dis.

EDIT: A good reason to make metal barrels

this was exactly the first szenario I had in mind when checkign the devblog today
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 12, 2008, 02:27:42 pm »

It'll be nice to finally be able to run the game again

You jinxed it. Good luck fixing those errors.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #924 on: December 12, 2008, 06:51:10 pm »

Or earlier than that...  the wind part of the presnowstorm windstorm is causing my power to go out...  not sure I'll be able to work today.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 12, 2008, 06:58:48 pm »

Or earlier than that...  the wind part of the presnowstorm windstorm is causing my power to go out...  not sure I'll be able to work today.

My neighborhood has underground wires and thus only particularly bad lightning storms can generally knock out the power and even then temporarly. (Blackouts that last a few hours get in the news and sometimes even first page... though with the increase in gun murders... I don't know... Poor Canada... I fully support the handgun ban!)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #926 on: December 12, 2008, 07:01:46 pm »

Quick! Everybody E-mail Toady One some electricity!
Oh, that won't work.
The wind would take out the internet lines too...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 12, 2008, 07:04:52 pm »

Well, if he has a laptop and is willing to spend some fuel, he could run it off the 12V car outlet, or just off the car's battery without starting the engine...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 12, 2008, 07:05:02 pm »

Quick! Everybody E-mail Toady One some electricity!
Oh, that won't work.
The wind would take out the internet lines too...
We shall mail the electricity, and he can keep the envelopes for when his power goes out again!

PERFECT PLAN!

But yes, weather can be a bastard. Even worse when you live somewhere that seems to fear the weather like some psychopathic old world god.
 "Today in DC it has snowed an inch. Schools, workplaces and even emergency facilities have all been closed 'till this horrific amount of snow and ice has cleared away. Let us interview the salt trucks, who have been caught unprepared for this disaster..."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 12, 2008, 07:06:42 pm »

I guess it is our fault for not giving Toady a generator all these years.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 148