Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349131 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:55 pm »

Be cool if you got more or better quality elk horn from older elk than younger.

That would probably be harder to code than it's worth. But imagine!  Elephant farms designed to let the elephants live as long as possible before the slaughter!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 21, 2008, 12:19:54 am »

Ha you could breed unicorns and tigers for the horns an testicles and sell them as aphrodisiac to elves.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Hawke666

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:15 am »

On that avenue can you set it so that if one of the two parts is lost the creature dies?

That's how it currently is, which makes hydrae a tad less dangerous than they should be.

I know, but if he changed it so they don't have to die Id like to have the option so you can set the measure of lethality on losing an organ even if the creature has multiple. For example:
-A human being without a kidney will live, but will have a lowered lifespan and an injured constitution
-A Hydra who loses a head is completely unimpeded as if nothing happened (Hydras really should have "No pain")
-A Two headed snake who loses a head will most likely die (I think)

But consider the case of Mike the Headless Chicken...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:12:49 am by Hawke666 »

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 21, 2008, 01:26:32 am »

On that avenue can you set it so that if one of the two parts is lost the creature dies?

That's how it currently is, which makes hydrae a tad less dangerous than they should be.

I know, but if he changed it so they don't have to die Id like to have the option so you can set the measure of lethality on losing an organ even if the creature has multiple. For example:
-A human being without a kidney will live, but will have a lowered lifespan and an injured constitution
-A Hydra who loses a head is completely unimpeded as if nothing happened (Hydras really should have "No pain")
-A Two headed snake who loses a head will most likely die (I think)

But consider the case of Mike the Headless Chicken...
The strange thing is that Mike slept with his head, and somehow could still use it to crow, though it sounds really strange.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 21, 2008, 02:01:24 am »

The strange thing is that Mike slept with his head, and somehow could still use it to crow, though it sounds really strange.

I'm sure I'm just not understanding what you mean, but the image of a dullahan chicken amuses me regardless.
(For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dullahan)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:01 am »

The last devlog entry for the month and no one's talking about it.

Quote from: Toady One
...outside materials being any of the hardcoded materials, any of the materials from the material raws such as stone/metal/plants, or any of the materials from any creature, so you could have a "dwarf lung man" made entirely out of the dwarf lung material if you like, or one made out of sweet pod syrup...

Righteous.  Get ready for some mind-bending bugs and mods.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 21, 2008, 11:23:37 am »

Dwarf lung man fortress! 

Yeah, this update will kick ass.

Someone's already done a candyland mod, right?  Cause that's really gonna need an update.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:23 am »

Quote from: Toady One
...outside materials being any of the hardcoded materials, any of the materials from the material raws such as stone/metal/plants, or any of the materials from any creature, so you could have a "dwarf lung man" made entirely out of the dwarf lung material if you like, or one made out of sweet pod syrup...

Do these support racegloss or something like it? Is there any support for selective racegloss so it's not just picking just _any_ appropriate material but limit it somehow

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #563 on: November 21, 2008, 11:41:51 am »

Slaves to Armok: Body Part Fortress

This must come to pass.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 21, 2008, 11:52:17 am »

Each organ gets its own material?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised but dear christ.  I can't wrap my mind around the idea of a game that models the color of your guts.

I'd like to note that we'll be able to make:
- living puddles of vomit, or blood, or slimy filth of your choice (assuming that liquid bodies don't result in instant death)
- Smaug, complete with gem-encrusted belly and weak spot.  Although Smaug as a species doesn't make much sense
- wagons that incorporate a cloth cover
- soap golems
- Pikmin (plant tissue)
- Goombas (plump helmet tissue)
- Wolverine, the character
- Literally boneheaded dwarves

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 21, 2008, 11:58:34 am »

Armok 1 had colors, descriptions and individual materials and functions for every single bodypart you had. It was awesome. It seems the same approach is going here.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!
« Reply #566 on: November 21, 2008, 12:05:01 pm »

I'm hoping we'll be able to define phases of development (i.e. [Child] of creature has its own tokens, and at [Age] it becomes [Adolescent] and its tokens change).  Given the other changes, that should be sufficient to mod in a race of Gardevoirs biologically correct frogs, insects etc.
ow did this get here

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2008, 12:12:04 pm »

Hm, so iron men are solid iron all the way through? Are hollow body parts implemented?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 21, 2008, 12:12:27 pm »

Armok 1 had colors, descriptions and individual materials and functions for every single bodypart you had. It was awesome. It seems the same approach is going here.

Whoa really? Interesting...it looks like that even Armok I. was a quite complex game! :o

The last devlog entry for the month and no one's talking about it.

Amazing...basically most of the daily devnotes are blowing me away. So many new and incredible stuff...hats off Toady!  8)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2008, 12:14:50 pm »

Are hollow body parts implemented?

I was just wondering this too.  It would be cool to reanimate the empty molted exoskeletons of giant cave spiders.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 148