Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349224 times)

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2008, 03:01:57 pm »

I am Urist! Lord of the Jellyfish!

Its got potential I'll admit. Skinning jellyfish and extracting the venom from their sting to use on the tips of your spears
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2008, 05:20:18 pm »

"Skinning Jellyfish"?  What would be left?

Quote from: Toady One
Coming up with the Number, I was going through the skill code and it seems I'll have to find preliminary answers to some deep questions, like "do the undead have souls?", since I added "souls" to units to store information when I was putting in the mental attribute framework. I suppose the answer should be "it depends"...

Toady is the best programmer in the world.  Other game developers wish that questions like "do the undead have souls?" were actual program-critical concerns.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2008, 07:05:19 pm »

So, 2 months minimum if Toady keeps up 20 per day, which he won't.  So, I'm going to guess a mid-February release, as a rough sort of guess.  But it will be awesome, and worth another donation drive for certain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2008, 07:17:10 pm »

What I notice happens is Toady starts off strong then slows to a crawl... Then suddenly goes lightspeed. Then slows to a crawl for a very short period of time.

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2008, 09:04:27 pm »

What I notice happens is Toady starts off strong then slows to a crawl... Then suddenly goes lightspeed. Then slows to a crawl for a very short period of time.

some things program faster then others. not too mention some of the framework Toady has been putting in isn't always exciting or isn't worth posting, especially if its a single sentence.

that said the daily developments isn't always a good measure of how far core elements have come. but i will agree sometimes it feels slower then normal. But be sure that Toady programs as fast as he can, and it will be finished when its finished :D

Philosophical Gamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Encased in Obsidian, steaming.
    • View Profile
    • The Philosophical Gamer
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2008, 09:46:08 pm »

Hopefully Toady has discovered the latest trend of businesses offering grocery delivery, cutting out about 2 hours every 3rd day or so for getting groceries.  I've found that this service is one of the keys to never having to leave the house.
Philosophical Gamer - Waxing nostalgic about old school games, roguelikes, linux gaming, dwarf fortress, indie gaming and more. It's good, and good for you.

GameBooty.com - Only the Best Free Games for the Serious Gamer. PC, Online, Flash, Mobile, iPhone.  Come by and get some free quality games.  400+ games with more added daily.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2008, 09:56:27 pm »

Hopefully Toady has discovered the latest trend of businesses offering grocery delivery, cutting out about 2 hours every 3rd day or so for getting groceries.  I've found that this service is one of the keys to never having to leave the house.

I don't know... Do we really want Toady to go insane?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2008, 09:57:07 pm »

I live right next to a grocery store...  I'm taking vitamin D supplements now, since I hardly ever go outside, he he he.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »

Drink plenty of milk, and eat leafy dark-green vegetables.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2008, 06:13:25 am »

Toady, did you know that regular exercising and a good deal of fresh air greatly improve the efficiency of the mind? That's because it increases the amount of oxygen the brain receives. Mens sana in corpore sano, as the Greeks put it.

Please, for the sake of your Great Work, consider modifying your routines slightly at least. We care about you. (for our selfish reasons, of course).

JoRo: milk is a controversial subject. I've encountered opinions that in most cases, an adult human lacks the ability to digest unprocessed milk.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:00:25 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2008, 12:48:47 pm »

JoRo: milk is a controversial subject. I've encountered opinions that in most cases, an adult human lacks the ability to digest unprocessed milk.

Controversial? You're just talking about lactose-intolerance, and I would hope that Toady knows by now whether or not he's lactose-intolerant. It hardly needs to be "controversial" on the scale of the individual. Also, whether or not "most people" are lactose-intolerant depends on your reference pool. If you include every single ethnic group, you may be right, but if a person is, say, Northern European, he can probably digest lactose just fine.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2008, 01:48:28 pm »

Okay, I really have to donate now. The new updates that are skill related, are, well, awesome. I'm especially happy about the musicality, because it means that instruments might actually get some use soon...er...I hope..

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2008, 01:54:32 pm »

I can see music getting more relevant whenever dwarven social behavior gets a bit more complexity added to it. That being said, the new dev notes are definitely looking interesting.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2008, 01:58:25 pm »

I can imagine the latest in noble torture now: lock the hapless noble in a jail cell right next to a talentless dwarf playing the trombone.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:48 pm »

G-Flex- I meant caseine, not lactose (which is a well-known case, I understand). The gist of it- for lactose intolerant people, milk in any form may cause problems. For the majority of all, unprocessed milk is only slightly more nutritious than water.
Howver, A) this is getting really OT, let's quit it
and B) I'm not even 100% sure of how exactly it all works.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 148