Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349353 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #810 on: December 07, 2008, 09:27:11 pm »

Harmless? You obviously have nevr seen a swarm of a hundred smurfs descending upon a happless goblin siege, they bite hard!!!  Green gobbos turn blue then breed with smurfs to create a super race that will take over the world!
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 07, 2008, 09:31:11 pm »

Harmless? You obviously have nevr seen a swarm of a hundred smurfs descending upon a happless goblin siege, they bite hard!!!  Green gobbos turn blue then breed with smurfs to create a super race that will take over the world!

Yeah but I doubt Toady implimented "Death by over-inflation"

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #812 on: December 08, 2008, 10:47:21 am »

I guess I could just go to the post office when it opens in 45 minutes.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 08, 2008, 10:51:13 am »

I guess I could just go to the post office when it opens in 45 minutes.

That was random.  Sure!  Of course, I guess it's no more random than everyone's borgly borgle comments.  Everyone!  Back OT or Toady will be distracted!

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 08, 2008, 10:51:26 am »

And...
Toady wins the non-sequester contest.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:02 am »

Sort of. It WAS a direct reference to the dev notes, so it's not really a non-sequitur for this thread. He's talking about mailing out the crayon rewards.

Question for Toady: Will the new soldier changes let us stop a soldier from what they're doing? Or at least let us change their priorities mid-combat? I just had a champion spend an entire fight chasing a small animal around the map while enemy archers fired at her. Luckily she didn't get hurt and my other soldiers killed off the archers, but it was still aggravating. Especially since, in the current system, even switching a squad off of 'harass animals' only stops new targets and doesn't call them off any existing ones.

Although I'd be ok with dwarves that have some sort of single-minded personality attribute having that problem. Then it would just be more flavor.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:42 am »

now that all objects have a proper size, will throwing damage be fixed ?

one of my dwarves had a tantrum in a ammo-stockpile...again.....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:57:39 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #817 on: December 08, 2008, 12:58:45 pm »

I'll get to questions tomorrow (as it's way after my bedtime), but the post office mission was successful.  I also upped my Crayola to the 120.  If they put in the effort to expand a bit more, Bay 12 might even have something with 8 bit graphics.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:26 pm »

Ooooh questions? I better start thinking of some...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 08, 2008, 01:42:12 pm »

Looking forward to the answers. Thanks, Toady! :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 08, 2008, 01:46:23 pm »

if a dwarf is killed in the forest, and no one has [HEARING] tags to hear it, does it make a sound ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

Yes it does, however workshops in deaf fortress do not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 08, 2008, 06:33:51 pm »

Here is my question:

Now that creatures can have non-standard materials for their parts will this allow dual purpose for them?

For example will a being with a skeleton made of Iron be capable of making both rather strong Bone armor and be capable of having its bones melted down into Iron?

Or for something less "Melt it down"ish. If someone's skin was made out of Jewels, could you cut it into gems or turn it into extravegant leather?

Basically stuff along those lines I am aware that there is also a chance that certain combos could do nothing (For example a Tiger with Ruby eyes may not give material for rubies upon cutting it up just by virtue of having ruby eyes alone)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:38:23 pm by Neonivek »

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 08, 2008, 07:23:15 pm »

My question; Will just about everything become materials? Dwarfs will the made out of muscle and bone and whatnot, but will objects be able to be made out of "dwarf" material?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 08, 2008, 07:30:14 pm »

My question; Will just about everything become materials? Dwarfs will the made out of muscle and bone and whatnot, but will objects be able to be made out of "dwarf" material?

Yes, the dev log mentioned that you can make things out of dwarf lung material, including other creatures like a "dwarf lung man."
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 148