Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349321 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2008, 06:22:18 pm »

"And there will likely be countdowns."

This is an informal countdown to countdowns.

Also, I'm not liking the lack of details in the more recent dev posts, but I'm loving the new body system. And underground diversity.

Remember, don't tell anyone if you add new HFS to new biomes. Pretend that it's another one of your boring days. Then we'll dig around the bottom of our forests and find buried pyramids filled with sentient dinosaurs.

Maybe Toady has already put it in and he's not telling us.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2008, 06:33:09 pm »

"..That will take a while of course, a long while.."

Oh noes!  *..me..wants..new..version....give it to me nooooow!*  :D

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2008, 07:06:26 pm »

I seriously can't wait for better military controls.  I blame pretty much all my casualties on the fact that usually only a handful of soldiers could tear themselves away from their food and booze when the goblins rolled around.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2008, 12:14:25 pm »

So, we know his implementation of Underground Diversity is going to include...

* 3D terrain features
* Repopulated chasm / river
* Surprise underground warrens full of nasties

Nice start.  I wonder how many other of the suggestions he's going to include?  I hope the endolithic biome gets in...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2008, 12:22:30 pm »

Three cheers for the return of infinite chasm and magma spawns!!! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2008, 01:16:13 pm »

Yes, if had to pick a single underground improvement I would like, it would be allowing underground river and magma pipe creatures to enter the map through those features.

One would think, also, that once spawning is implemented you won't have to start with such an fps-annihilating amount of creatures already present (more of a problem with the 3000 giant toads than the 5 Fire Imps).

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:26 pm »

Also: venom and disease!  Necrosis and neurological damage!  (Hopefully).  Wounds going septic! 

Oh yeah.

Ohhhhhh.

Yeah.

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2008, 02:31:01 pm »

In fact, of anything of whats been mentioned is going to be fairly awesome. I don't think anythings been added to DF that I sit there and think "urgh... why?" every new feature is as exciting as the last

The big one for me will be adventurer mode getting the skills from fortress mode. And the whole being able to build your own house and have it stored as a site. Making an adventurer whose hand carved his house in a forest and forged his own sword with ore he got from HFS, good times :D
On this post is an image of Benny in Obsidian. Benny is typing a reply

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2008, 03:55:08 pm »

In fact, of anything of whats been mentioned is going to be fairly awesome. I don't think anythings been added to DF that I sit there and think "urgh... why?" every new feature is as exciting as the last

The big one for me will be adventurer mode getting the skills from fortress mode. And the whole being able to build your own house and have it stored as a site. Making an adventurer whose hand carved his house in a forest and forged his own sword with ore he got from HFS, good times :D

Yeah, adventurer mode will be much more interesting, perhaps I'm gonna give it a try even.  :D

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2008, 04:07:06 pm »

You know, I wouldn't mind if it added a week or two to the release date, poisons and diseases would be quite epic.  :)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »

its worth it atm to just charge into a town, steal peoples shoes and beat everyone down with a barrel from a house. Tends to be all I can do in adventure mode. Though I haven't really played in the new versions

Yeah, adventurer mode will be much more interesting

like an ascii Fable I've always imagined it to be

You know, I wouldn't mind if it added a week or two to the release date, poisons and diseases would be quite epic.  :)

Is it not more framework thats getting added atm for this stuff? or at least that was my understanding. Having that in would be pretty epic though, though that would be dependant on whether wounds that got infected or stuff like that was curable. Surely healthcare would need a bit of an overhaul at that point. A new profession as a doctor and using herbs to form medicines or anti-venoms

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2008, 06:28:49 pm »

I dunno.  Obviously infection wouldn't happen every time a dwarf gets wounded, and obviously not every infection would lead to death, but I wouldn't mind poisons/infection/disease being quite deadly.

Or at least, I don't think poison/disease/infection should be completely circumventable even with a high level health care dwarf.  After all, lots of people still die from jellyfish stings/snake bites/infected wounds/malaria, and that's with modern medicine.  And I, at least, picture dwarf medicine as little more than lots of alcohol (disinfectant/anesthetic) and a hack saw. 

Basically, health care might need a few additions, but I don't think there has to be major changes.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »

Hmm, having diseases would allow you to get really creative with alchemy in an attempt to find cures. Especially if you have a wide choice of things to mix and no idea what produces what...

Benny

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Poster
    • View Profile
    • retrojaffa
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2008, 08:10:35 am »

lol dwarven witch doctors

theres a point, is there jellyfish in DF atm? I'm voting here for adding jellyfish with stings in the next version

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2008, 08:21:20 am »

like an ascii Fable I've always imagined it to be

You mean it'll be deceptively linear, short, and with lame combat?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 148