Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 348600 times)

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1485 on: January 10, 2009, 10:42:48 pm »

I look forward to chopping down a tree right in front of an elf in adventure mode.

Then I'll build a phallicly-suggestive statue to make them cry.
"Who's John Galt?"

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #1486 on: January 10, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »

I look forward to chopping down a tree right in front of an elf in adventure mode.

Are you sure that would make them cry?

Anyways I can't to be have more skills in adv mode, looking forward to mining most of all.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »

Anyways I can't to be have more skills in adv mode, looking forward to mining most of all.
It would if it's carved out of wood.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 10, 2009, 11:57:01 pm »

It would if it's carved out of wood.
They would probably cry harder if it were carved into something abstract. The phallus is a shape found often in nature. A masterwork bed in the shape of a hexagon is not generally found in nature.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 10, 2009, 11:59:47 pm »

More likely the elf would fake a cry and take the wood home...

I'm not going to complete this joke.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 11, 2009, 04:23:40 am »

Hasn't Toady said suffocation was just lung bleeding that causes unconsciousness?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 11, 2009, 07:29:14 am »

Yay!! at the latest dev notes!  8)
It looks like that Req359 will be implemented in the next version? ->
"01/10/2009: Individual tissue layers on body parts can sluff off or boil now, after suffering melting/boiling effects while remaining intact for a short time."

..and also:
"The more relevant applications might be mods involving water creatures that could freeze or boil during regular game conditions. So, not sure if I'll get to that this time around."

wow, just wow! Toady please code this in for the next version, it's worth of it really, even if it pushes back the release date by a few days.  :)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:52 am »

Yes please do that. That stuff is just plain awesome decorated with cool.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Soralin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 11, 2009, 08:41:36 am »

"The more relevant applications might be mods involving water creatures that could freeze or boil during regular game conditions. So, not sure if I'll get to that this time around."

Ice creatures, that only show up and attack in the winter in cold areas (or most of the time in freezing areas), or they melt.  Or is it possible for an ice creature to melt into a water creature, and still be alive(or animated or whatever)?  Survive a phase transition? :)

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 11, 2009, 09:07:00 am »

Individual tissue layers on body parts can sluff off or boil now,

I move that we nickname the next version "Noblepain the boiler of skin". Because we all know that's the first thing we're going to experiment with.
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 11, 2009, 11:18:44 am »

What I really want to know is if we can not only have a creature that's a water blob and turns into a living ice boulder when freezing, but having it turn into a living cloud of steam if the temperature is high. They would have to dissipate after a little while because they'd be practically invincible, but it'd be cool if they hung around and strangled anything that got caught in them.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50:26 am »

100 Pages w00t
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 11, 2009, 12:38:48 pm »

I don't think an ice creature would melt currently. They'd probably burst into flames.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 11, 2009, 01:46:22 pm »

How about a creature of water that becomes a ice statue in the cold, but turns back into a water creature if it gets too warm. Can you imagine a tundra fortress?

Logbook returned from Rimtar Ushil, from a babbling survivor of the Dwarf Caravan sent there.
Granite 7:
We found a bunch of ice statues in a cave.

Granite 10:
We are melting the statues for water.

Granite 11:
The horror! The horror. Urist is dead, the rest of us are freezing to death on the surface. In the warmer climates we worried about flooding our fortress, but this is worse. Flooding water doesn't chase you... The only safe place is up on the surface, where the creatures cannot survive. Unfortunatly, anything we do to ensure our own survival will allow them to follow us. You who are reading this turn back, for only death awaits you here.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 11, 2009, 02:26:27 pm »

Why would you bother to melt ice statues into water when you're surrounded by other, perfectly usable pieces of ice that weren't crafted into something?
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 148