Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More DF in real life  (Read 898 times)

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: More DF in real life
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

I hope I'm not the only person that would've just kicked his ass.

Or just sat in the corner laughing.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

Honestly, if that happened where I work, I would just kinda stare.  Unless he started messing with my desk.  Then I would pick up the nearest chair and beat him with it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:57:00 pm »

That's how the spirals begin.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Narushima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:32:00 pm »

He didn't managed to make his artifact ?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>I hope I'm not the only person that would've just kicked his ass.</STRONG>

You aren't.

I would have left him pretty much alone, until he physically attacked someone. Which he did, like, constantly (smacked the guy on the head, smashed someones desk and hit them, threw monitor at someones head) and totally like a bitch.

I would have gotten a few people to tackle him and beat him until he was unconscious or I was bored of hitting him. I fucking hate people who just randomly attack others, it pisses me off tremendously.

I'm annoyed at how cowardly the workers there acted, especially when they just stood there going "oh my gosh oh my gosh" with their thumbs up their asses while that idiot was smacking people around.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>

You aren't.

I would have left him pretty much alone, until he physically attacked someone. Which he did, like, constantly (smacked the guy on the head, smashed someones desk and hit them, threw monitor at someones head) and totally like a bitch.

I would have gotten a few people to tackle him and beat him until he was unconscious or I was bored of hitting him. I fucking hate people who just randomly attack others, it pisses me off tremendously.

I'm annoyed at how cowardly the workers there acted, especially when they just stood there going "oh my gosh oh my gosh" with their thumbs up their asses while that idiot was smacking people around.</STRONG>

Yeah, that bugged me a tad too.  I mean, he threw a monitor at someone!  Least you can do is throw it back or something.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »

I'd be pretty pissed off too if I had to work at a place that forced me to use a CRT monitor.  Or one of those shitty desks.  For the love of god!

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

The two people who kicked his ass were wearing police or security uniforms, look at the hats. Looks like the cops came just in time.   :)'

The fortress guard comes to save the day. I don't think that guy will be too pleased once the hammerer shows.

But yes, if I was there I would have broken his wrist if neccessary to get that hammer away from him. It would have only taken one second for him to smash someone's skull with that thing, and he had it for a time before that one guy pried it away from him when he tried to smack him with the handle.

[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Jetman123 ]

When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Emerald Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

If that happened near me, I would have stuck to the script.

There's no way the cords on all three (four?) CRTs just fell off the back of them like that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

They must not have had any shells in that office.

And they probably didn't attack because there were so many people there.  People tend not to act in situations like that if there are other people who might act.

That, or it was a clever hoax.

Shoes...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

looks like there was a lack of shells in the area.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »

Ha!  Beat you to it.
Shoes...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

Same post time, in fact!
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

Jinx!  Can't talk or you love the Devil!

quote:
 I fucking hate people who just randomly attack others, it pisses me off tremendously.

How often does that happen around you?

[ June 05, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...