Author Topic: tombs  (Read 1411 times)

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: tombs
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 09:25:41 pm »

Right now the rooms are smoothed out and clear glass coffins are in there.

Clear glass?! Do you think the dwarves want to see the rotting remains of their friends?

No, but we want them too :D
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 09:47:02 am »

Once i had i fort where ~100 dwarfs died to tantrum spirals. Had to build a huge tower for all the coffins ( with self destruct of course :D )

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 04:52:41 pm »

Once i had i fort where ~100 dwarfs died to tantrum spirals. Had to build a huge tower for all the coffins ( with self destruct of course :D )

Ooo, I like that. Burial towers. Wouldn't have to waste underground space, and they'd be neat to find in Adventure mode.

My solution is usually just an entire floor that's dedicated to tombs. Have general burial coffins in the places I'd place statues normally, and then tombs as I see fit, build them like I build my workshops just spiraling halls and rooms that try to fill all available space. Five by Five with the coffin in the middle... although a heroic hall would be neat too... use some obsidian blocks for a row of pillars leading up to the sarcophagus, hrm hrm.

Although one time I just started making a huge hall down the middle of my fortress, packed with coffins and statues in little nooks off to the sides.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 05:16:30 pm »

I usually just make a vault encasing my artifact vault that holds the tombs. Both the outer and inner vaults are guarded by an underground moat and have iron drawbridges for doors. The levers for them are located in the Hammerers room, along with various othewr levers that ensure a swift death intended for the Hemmerer.

I personally want to make a shaft several z-levels deep, with the top layer of unmined earth untoughed. Once the colum is filled with coffins, collapse it. Theoretically it will crush the bodies. That or make a rather interesting jumble of dust.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2]