Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The all new dwarven Shining...  (Read 589 times)

Dwarf Chunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The all new dwarven Shining...
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:40:00 am »

... is going on for me. There is blood everywhere, now completed with some extra ichor all over the place, flowing through all of my fortress and then even outside. I guess it makes a nice tourist attraction, but there is no apparant source and I would like it to stop. If everything is just red, it's a bit uncomfortable. At first I thought an injured animal might leave a blood trail, but it would have died from such a huge loss way before. And even if that was the case, where would the ichor come from? Is this a bug? Or some "quest" I missed?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: The all new dwarven Shining...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:42:00 am »

LOL. Blood never dries yet, so it can keep spreading. It's spread by people walking through it.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48:00 am »

I had the same thing, as you can see from one of the other threads. If you really want to get rid of the blood, you probably must take off all other jobs from the [v, p, l] list from someone and just leave Cleaning. Normally they're too busy with other jobs to care about cleaning the fortress. Only leaving that should work.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Dwarf Chunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:57:00 am »

Didn't see any other thread about it yet, sorry to repeat this then. But I don't feel it's worth to mess with the v-p-l settings just to get rid of blood. This whole situation is a little bit irritating. Thanks for clearing that up, though.  :)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:53:00 am »

It would be cool to be able to turn "clean blood" off specifically, and/or add a "decorate with blood" or "engrave with blood" option.

I'm thinking ahead to when all my dwarves are crazy or berserk and declare allegience to Chaos.  Then I want to be able to decorate  Bloodheim appropriately  :D

Oooooh, and maybe an option to decorate with skulls too, that'd be cheery!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »

There's another way to clean it, but it's a bit of work...

Get all your dwarves out of your main hall and lock the doors so they don't wander back in.  Make sure you have doors on every exit, and especially make sure you lock the door leading back to the river.  Then, open the necessary floodgate for a few seconds.  Presto!  Fortress cleaned.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

lipasto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 02:05:00 am »

This happened to me too, but the dwarfs would not clean the blood. It all started when five or so toadmen or something attacked my workers from the underground river. Luckily I had Axedwarfs and wardogs there, so they were easily dispatched.

However, very soon the bodies and various body parts started to create  miasma, I had refuse piles outside but, like I said, it started to make miasma very soon after they had been killed. Should it do so? Also, one of my wardogs was wounded and walking around the fort, occasionally going unconcious and spilling blood everywhere. I think however, that most of the blood spread by dwarfs walking over the blood and taking it to other places. I had put some of my dwafs to clean only, but they would say theres no job, once however, I did spot one of the cleaners cleaning blood, but it was not the blood that was spreading everywhere. Eventually ichor spread too. In addition there were buckets with rotten lye lying around in the corridors.

Could this be a bug? I started with version 95, imported save to 100 and then 101, where the blood incident happened.

In the end I attempted to clean the fortress by flooding it, thus flooding the known world.