Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple Trade Depot Question  (Read 495 times)

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple Trade Depot Question
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:44:12 pm »

In one instance I had multiple trade depots in order to restrict access to the main area where I was fishing and harvesting wood... and stuff, except that when the traders came they refused to use the most accessible depot. Is there a reason why that is?
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Trade Depot Question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:38 pm »

If two or more depots are present in a fort, they act funny.  This bug's been known for a while.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:48:30 pm »

Well, I imagine they'll use whatever is closer to their spawn point. Or maybe they'll only pay attention to the first one. Is there anything special about the depot they DO use?

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »

In this instance I had one at the north end, and one at the south end, and a caravan spawned close to the north one, of course refusing to use it, so I opened the stupid gate and let them in, and they went all the way to the freaking south one. Really obnoxious.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.