Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 95

Author Topic: The Eternal Halls - An Endless Succession Game  (Read 211779 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Halls - An Endless Succession Game
« Reply #885 on: May 04, 2009, 04:30:12 pm »

Godly fortresses only could take letting a whole underground pool flow into it without caring a bit. I approve.

I don't know why I figured the damp stone was from the earlier flooding.  It's all basically dry, and it was seriously five levels below.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 05, 2009, 12:27:50 am »

These things happen, don't worry. Keep us posted on how it goes ^^
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 05, 2009, 04:10:26 am »

Holy crap, the pool!  I forgotten about that thing once before, then remembered it when I was trying to think of something to do.  I thought I'd have to fake forgetting it so I could breach it for fun.  I am laughing my ass off at those pictures of the everything-stockpiles full of water, and shivering with fear at the idea of water pouring down the rat-tunnels from the main foyer into the serviceways and lower bedrooms.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:54 pm »

the idea of water pouring down the rat-tunnels

That is my concern.  Once the water is more than one z-level deep, it doesn't dry.  Flooding the basement would be a problem.

Of course, it would eventually just flood down to the exploratory tunnels I dug on the bottom level on my last turn.  Flooding those wouldn't hurt anything, I suppose.

I'll be starting today's turn shortly.

Edit:  So... I started around 5:20.  Of course, now there is another seige, ten days in.  This might drag a bit, guys.

Edit 2: Damnit.  Power blink here lost my recent play.  I'll do this tomorrow when the power is more certain.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:13:46 pm by Dadamh »

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2009, 05:26:58 pm »

From the Journal of 'Dadam' Shaketome, The Holiness of Fording, Engraver and Hoardmaster, Mountainhomes, Year 116

Limestone 10:

The caravan from the old mountainhomes has arrived.  If I can get the workers to stop swimming waist-deep in flooding lakewater long enough to carry goods out, we may have a profitable season.

Limestone 16: 

We were besieged again, on the twelfth.  Goblins were sighted all around the fortress.  Hopefully our kinsmen made it into the safety of the walls before they were attacked.

The goblins themselves weren't much of a threat.  They never have been, really.  Aqizzar and his squad, with the questionable assistance of the faraway marksdwarves perched in the walls, successfully slayed enough goblins to rout the attackers.  Unfortunately, the marksdwarves ran out of bolts before they ran out of goblins, and decided to join in the melee, costing us one dwarf.  The fighting was intense, and we lost a wrestler as well.  It's unfortunate, but such are the wages of war.

Limestone 20: 

Mining has resumed on the stockpiles near the newly-discovered lake.  The water is shallow enough to allow work to recommence.

Sandstone 1:

Work is going smoothly.  The lake is mostly drained to the level of the breach, so that is good.  There is a remaining natural indentation in the floor that contains a portion of the lake, and I believe I will let that stay unchanged, aside from the destruction of the native life.

Sandstone 9:

We've received word that our fortress' reputation is such that no one would consider travelling here.  That is fine with me, the place is full to bursting anyway.

Timber 1:

Things are still going smoothly.  There is little that needs to be done.

Timber 12:

A siege operator has withdrawn from society and gone secretive, claiming a craftsdwarf shop.  I'm not sure what she intends.

Timber 17:

Mafol, the siege operator, has begun her secret project.  Thus far, it appears to be some manner of stone craft, judging by the collected materials.

Timber 20:

After days of work, Mafol has completed some small idol.  Excellent craftsdwarfship, not such excellent value.

Timber 25:

I was informed today that one of our first native-born dwarves, Obok Morulstettad, has become an adult, ready to take on the full workload of any dwarf.  Congratulations, Obok!

Moonstone 1:

Winter is upon us.  I am looking forward to an uneventful final season of my brief tenure in this position.  The king and his strange consort seem satisfied thus far.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:31:01 am by Dadamh »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »

they seem what?

A CLIFFHANGER!!!

anyways, I'll be hurrying on my Ardesfath turn... I will make it on time!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 07, 2009, 07:31:36 am »

They seem like I didn't go all the way to the end of the line when copypasting.

Whoops.

Hey, there's a turn ahead of you man.  You don't have to rush.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 07, 2009, 07:48:59 am »

no... at 10 fps, I have to rush or else I'll still be in autumn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2009, 09:39:53 pm »

Well, my turn is up.  The winter was incredibly slow and boring with nothing interesting happening aside from a minor goblin ambush that killed a mule.

Report is below, nonetheless.

Next up is inaluct.  Good luck!

From the Journal of 'Dadam' Shaketome, The Holiness of Fording, Engraver and Hoardmaster, Mountainhomes, Year 116

Moonstone 13:

A goblin child-snatcher was spotted today.  Sadly, it was able to evade our guards.  No children were lost, but the monster still lives.

Moonstone 18:

The human diplomat met with the King today.  In the style of true nobility, they accomplished exactly nothing of worth.

Moonstone 19:

Goblins ambushed some of our miners, working to destroy a random hilltop.  Aqizzar and his squad made it in time to slaughter the goblins before they did any more than killing someone's pet mule.

Obsidian 19:

Two months have passed without major incident.  It seems as though my request for an uneventful winter has been granted.

Obsidian 20:

One of our cooks has gone secretive, doubtlessly intending on cooking up some wonderful food that menaces with spikes of beer, or something similar.

Obsidian 21:

Sadly, the cook has simply claimed a craftsdwarf shop.  I doubt I will be in office when he completes his great work.

Granite 1:

Well, my year-long term is over.  The King and Queen Consort are as happy as people in their station can be.  I hope to return to my counting and engraving for a while.  Being overseer is just above my head, I think.

Save:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1008

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »

Downloaded. The Reign of Inaluct the Woefully Inadequate begins tomorrow.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »

feel free to take a week.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 08, 2009, 10:37:26 pm »

Hmm. Tempting.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2009, 07:48:52 am »

Bad inaluct! bad! A week is a bit much!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 09, 2009, 08:09:50 am »

If you take a week I shall have no choice but to destroy you.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 09, 2009, 04:40:26 pm »

I'll get started today, but first, is there anything important that I need to know? Like, never pull such and such lever?

Also, I'm setting Partial Print on 9001. And I'm planning on attracting kobold "migrants" to the fortress. Migrants with bows. Because they're kobold archers. Who will come after the kobold thieves get at the toys I will stockpile outside. :I
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 95