Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An addition to the new feature of "Use the world as it currently exists."  (Read 812 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

When I first saw this feature, I thought "Yay, now I'll be able to stop the world gen on cool-looking worlds that will probably be rejected." Unfortunately, I soon found out that this feature apparently doesn't work until after history starts (or something like that).

So I suggest an alternative option to this feature, something along the lines of "Use this world, ignoring reject parameters." An option to use the world currently shown in the worldgen window, regardless of whether it would be rejected or not. And then continuing with running the geography, and starting history, without rejecting it, regardless of the current reject parameters.

From what I've read on the dev log, there already seems to be something like this in the game, but it looks like the option only exists if you get many rejects in a row, which is very limiting.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.