Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Destruction Zone  (Read 1037 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Destruction Zone
« on: July 22, 2008, 04:53:54 pm »

Basically, I find it very annoying when that nice piece of equipment that I've marked for dumping get thrown into the volcano rather
than a normal "garbage" pile. So what I would suggest for the game is the ability to mark things for Destruction much like you
mark them for dumping, or forbid them, or hide them. The item marked for destruction would then be thrown into a area marked for
Destruction which would of course be in a volcano, chasm, or under a bridge, so that you could more easily dispose of garbage
which keeping the stuff you want. Of course, the term Destruction isn't the best choice, since it starts with D but you get
the idea. 
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Destruction Zone
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:03:41 pm »

Why not allow us to explicitly state which of our Stockpiles and/or zones we want something put in, it would be one interface tool that would solve a million problems.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:01 pm »

Because quantum stockpiling is an exploit that does not need to be improved.  This suggestion is treating a symptom, but the problem is still out there.  Why do you need to dump the nice equipment in the first place? Because you can't tell your soldiers what to wear, maybe, and there are much better solutions for that.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 08:03:16 am »

Because quantum stockpiling is an exploit that does not need to be improved. 

Hear hear!