Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Best of the Worst - a Movie Thread  (Read 7122 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: The Best of the Worst - a Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 08:12:57 pm »

Nope.  No one gay around.  What specifically was gay about it?  The only gay thing was that they were all well-oiled.
Shoes...

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 08:36:21 pm »

Haha, Zardoz took a LOT of willpower to get through, but I absolutely love when he beats up a bunch of comatose women for no reason at all.  That'll show them!

Part of me wants to add the Evil Dead flicks (and their spiritual successor Bubba Ho-Tep) to the list, but they're just TOO good, ya' know?  It's the same reason I haven't put Meet the Feebles on there, or Dead Alive.  Even though I probably should...

Anyone's thoughts?  Should the Kings of B-Movies go on there along with dregs like ... Shark Attack 3, and Undefeatable?   

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:37:44 pm »

Dead Alive. I think that has some sort of record for most fake blood in a single scene or something. Definitely deserves it.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 08:54:17 pm »

Maybe you people could help me.  Two times in my life I've seen a several-second clip of a movie, and had no idea what it was.  These movies have gone unidentified for years, and bug me to no end.  One of them has been solved.  It was a knight getting a sword thrown through his head.  Obviously Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

One more remains, and I'm at a loss, with one possible lead.  I think it might be Jin-Roh, The Wolf Brigade, but I have no evidence to support this.  The scene is some soldiers shooting or something, it was a really long time ago.  This guy's standing on the hood of a jeep, other people throw a net over him, and he turns into a skeleton.  There's a scientist who wears goggles with an X-Ray Glasses swirly pattern on the lenses.  It's anime.  Does anyone know what movie this is?
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 09:36:50 pm »

I'm assuming intentionally bad movies (for comedic effect) are allowed, since Bubba Ho-Tep and Dead Alive were listed, so I may as well throw out one that I revere.

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.  Absolutely wonderful.  There's also the classic Army of Darkness, but I think most of you have probably seen that already.

Moving on to the unintentionals, we have the historically significant if not entirely funny Plan 9 From Outer Space to consider.  I don't think I watched it all the way through though...

The other so-bad-it's-good movies slip my mind at the moment...  Shame,

I do, however, have a clip that defeats everything previously listed in this thread.  Behold:

Turkish Rambo!

Oh, also, some Indian movies manage to cross the boundary between good and bad.  Most of them are just bad though.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:50:15 pm »

Plan 9! The Criswell speech was enough to keep my attention until it was over. I swear he was drunk when he did that.
"And Remember my friends, Future events such as these, will affect you in the future (....) The full story of what happened on that fateful day (....) Can your heart stand the shocking facts about Graverobbers from outter space?! (Boom)"
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:15 pm »

The whole time, 'till the girl showed up, I was under the impression that both chicks and gay guys were watching that movie in their "Private time."

First, they start with some odd, yet totally normal fight-scene things. Licking the blaze, "Hyah!" nises, the works. Then they took off their shirts to their oiled, muscled bodies. Then the "Hyah!"'s become more and more frequent.

I was starting to hover my mouse over the tab closing button in fear of them ripping off their pants, when the girl showed off to show off her Towel-fu. It goes down so far on the scale it goes past horrible, reverts back to "THE MOST AWESOME THING EVAR!!!11!" then goes back down to "Wow, that was entertaining."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 11:54:55 pm »

I don't know... the chick looked pretty manly to me. The eye-hook at the end was awesome, though

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 03:55:47 am »

I will suggest some movies from my home country as you will have likely never seen them before.

• 'Bad Taste', The first movie Peter Jackson ever made. A zombie horror/splurg/comedy, very gruesome
  • 'Black sheep', a nother zombie horror/comedy. Run away from zee zombie sheep.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:27:14 am by A_Fey_Dwarf »

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 04:02:31 am »

HA! I have Bad Taste. Got it with (not joking here) 49 other movies, for about $15. Rather silly. Very low budget. Could be confusing it with another early Peter Jackson film.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 04:11:28 am »

Rather silly. Very low budget.

Sounds about right. It's so low budget that Peter Jackson ran out of actors and had to play two roles with-in the film. It is absolutely hilarious when the two characters have are involved in a cliff top fight scene. Crazy Peter Jackson vs Alien Zombie Peter Jackson.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 04:35:11 am »

Rather silly. Very low budget.

Sounds about right. It's so low budget that Peter Jackson ran out of actors and had to play two roles with-in the film. It is absolutely hilarious when the two characters have are involved in a cliff top fight scene. Crazy Peter Jackson vs Alien Zombie Peter Jackson.

Going off on a vaguely related tangent... Does Eddie Murphy just hate other actors or something?  Surely I can't be the only one to be mystified and somewhat annoyed at his current propensity for playing all the important roles in any given (live-action) movie he stars in.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:48 am »

I own Bad Taste as well :)  Making my college roommates watch that movie was hysterical, as they just kept getting more and more grossed out and confused.

The List has been updated, by the way, with a couple others thrown on. 

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »

I only managed to get through half that rambo clip.
where was he getting all the rockets anyway?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 09:26:26 pm »

Infinite ammo cheat?  Who cares, he's Korkusuz!

Anyways, I just remembered one to add too the list...  Final Destination 3. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3