Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fledglings, abilities and extentions to limb functions (All related)  (Read 381 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

So while I was modding in my current race of bird men, I thought up two suggestions which are more or less related:

1. Abilities and young.
Young birds can't fly, yet giant eagle hatchlings and my bird-men race can. Why not add a tag that lets us somehow indicate that a race's ability can't be used until they're a certain age? So that when they grow up past, say, six or twelve (for a humanoid race), they can finally start to fly and use the FLIER tag. This could be useful for more than just birds. Dragons that can't breathe fire until they're 20? Makes sense!

2. Limb functions
Birds/harpies/other flying races with wings can still fly even if they have a wing broken. They shouldn't be able to - add in the ability for a tag to tie the function of a limb or set or limbs to an ability. Extremely tough ones may be able to fly with a broken wing, but that's debatable.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!