Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Addition of 'Size' subcategory under 'Finished Goods' stockpile options  (Read 1027 times)

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net

I'd like to suggest a heading for "Narrow Iron X"  or "Narrow (animal) Leather X" under the Stocks screen, for easier dumping or melting.  As it stands, I have to go through, piece-by-piece, and designate individual bits of narrow clothing/armor for dumping or melting.  It's horridly time-consuming.

EDIT: was titled "Easier management of Narrow items"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:35:14 am by cbpye »

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easier management of Narrow items
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:42:40 pm »

The area designations should help. I havent gotten a seige in the new version yet, but in previous versions trying to mark a leather item for melting had no effect, so you could:

Mark an entire area as 'dump'
Mark the same area as 'melt'

And everything meltable should be marked melt, and everything else marked dump. You will still need to go through and undump anything you want to keep (corpses, decent weapons?) but that should be a much smaller task.

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »

Ah, I was unaware that area designations existed.  Thanks a bunch, this should greatly help in conjunction with proper stockpiles.

Edit: I seem to have a new problem now... how does one make a finished goods stockpile that accepts only narrow clothing?  the armor was trivial enough, but I didn't notice a Usable/Unusable option under Finished Goods.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:56:52 pm by cbpye »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:47 am »

I didn't notice a Usable/Unusable option under Finished Goods.

There isn't one.

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:34:12 am »

Then I guess I'll change my suggestion to "Addition of 'Size' subcategory under 'Finished  Goods' stockpile options."

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

Some people also wish that melt designations could make wood items burnable, in the case of elves. At a wood furnace, there would be two jobs, a "Burn wood item into ash", which gives a fractional amount of ash, similar to the way bars are made.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.