Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-cave locations for megabeasts  (Read 411 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Non-cave locations for megabeasts
« on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:03 pm »

I've been doing lots of modding, and something I'd like to see is non-cave sites for (semi)megabeasts. While caves work ok for most of the current ones, it'd be nice to have some of my new megabeasts live in forests, or on the top of mountains. For example, I added in the Phoenix as a megabeast, and it seems kind of odd to have a phoenix living in a cave.

Maybe megabeasts could have a site-type designation. Like, [LAIR:FOREST_GROVE], [LAIR:CAVE], [LAIR:RUIN], [LAIR:PALACE] (for titans), [LAIR:MOUNTAIN_NEST], etc.

This would also make Adventure mode more interesting, as not every quest against (semi)megabeasts would involve a cave. Imagine having to brave a giant mountain and fending off Giant Eagles to defeat a marauding Phoenix? Or walking through wolf and bear infested forests to defeat an Ancient forest spirit that is angry about the spread of civilization?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One