Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shift-pgdwn = go to bottom of list  (Read 947 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
shift-pgdwn = go to bottom of list
« on: July 21, 2008, 04:59:19 am »

I suggest the following keyboard shortcut as being pretty much a standard thing in all lists.
In particular, the historical figure profiles needs this.

Alternatively, it needs to be able to have upward scrolling cycle to the bottom of the profile.

I had a dragon the other day with an 8000 year history of badassery and it took a looooong time to get to the bottom of that profile.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

max

• Bay Watcher
  • d/dx optimus=?
    • View Profile
Re: shift-pgdwn = go to bottom of list
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:26:06 am »

I'm not sure about this. Every list (to my knowledge) wraps so merely pressing up on the top or pgup will wrap all the way to the bottom without having to wade through a history book's worth.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:05:05 am »

I'm not sure about this. Every list (to my knowledge) wraps so merely pressing up on the top or pgup will wrap all the way to the bottom without having to wade through a history book's worth.
[/quote

Yeah, History Figure profiles don't do this.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

max

• Bay Watcher
  • d/dx optimus=?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:59 am »

Ah I see. I mistook it to only be historical figures. This extends to all detailed timelines as well.

I guess wrapping them can solve the issue of the bottom, but what about the middle. On year 4001, I'm sure it takes a looooong/2 time still so only having a go to bottom or top will solve one of the bunch.

I don't even know if it's possible, but if the scroll bar on the right hand of each detailed timeline were clickable, it can act as your God-send.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:56:13 am »

...were clickable...

I always operate without the mouse, as I'm sure others do, so a keyboard shortcut is most desired (obviously both, but ALSO a keyboard shortcut, as is common with other screens).

max

• Bay Watcher
  • d/dx optimus=?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »

I mostly operate without my mouse as well. I based the terms of a clickable scroll bar on a standard window. You can press page up or down to scroll up or down by pages, but in order to have the precision, the mouse is necessary. With that said, I barely use the touchpad on this laptop either.
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall