Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bare minimum requirements?  (Read 855 times)

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
Bare minimum requirements?
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:46:48 pm »

I'm certain this has all been covered before, but I'm just going to use up some noob points on a semi-lengthy post here. What are the absolute base requirements for an ENTITY or CREATURE to function?

1) What does an ENTITY need to generate in the world?
2) What does an ENTITY need to function as an Adventurer?
3) What does an ENTITY need to function as a playable Fortress?
4) What does a CREATURE need to function?
5) What does a CREATURE need to function as an ENTITY race?

I got the world to generate using:
Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:DWARF]
[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:DWARF]
[START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:3]

[CIV_CONTROLLABLE] isn't even necessary, but I was generating with one ENTITY. So that's question one answered, I guess.

The problem with this was that when I added [ADVENTURE_TIER:1] and [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE], I couldn't play Adventure. Do races have to be more hardy and organized to play as an Adventurer? I know they don't actually need any weapon skills so that isn't the problem and I think I actually generated a world using these settings and got an Adventure option one time. Basically, the Adventure tags alone are not the only factor.

I haven't begun testing the questions beyond that, so any insights would be valuable. Really, any general modding advice would be helpful as I am trying to do a comprehensive mod and know basically nothing that cannot be attuned or read in the wiki. Thanks!
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Bare minimum requirements?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 03:10:42 pm »

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Bare minimum requirements?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 04:41:42 pm »

Hm. I suppose ANY creature will work, as long as you don't require it to actually spawn.
If you need it to spawn, you add biomes and population data. If you need it to be "tangible", you give it a body. If you want it to have an attack other than "push", you give it attacks. If you want it to have non-black color and non-invisible tile, and be named other than "Nothing", you give it a name, a tile, and a color. If you want to have any other special features, you add them from a rather humongous list of creature tags.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India