Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mech Game! Forum game. Game Commencing Soonish.  (Read 5467 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

speed 18 hex?
You do know that you should only be able to go 6 or 7 according to the ruleset right?(for your mech,max should be 10 with boosters)

At least thats how I think it should be,otherwise you can move all the way from the top to the bottom in one go with only mediocre agility,I think that the movement points should be static starting at 4 and increasing by 1 for each additional point that you add in agility,speed boosters adding 2,at 5 agility you should have a grand total of 10 movement points.(with them boosters on)

I'm pretty sure you get that countermeasure.

On countermeasures specifically,can you use them more than once?If so then It would simply be a matter of having them on permanently(unless you don't want downsides),I think there should be a two turn cool down for each use of a particular countermeasure.Also can you have more than one of the same countermeasure?To stack the effects?

One last thing,what are the blue crosses for on the map?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:01:23 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

[EDIT] I was a noob, i meant it to be the smaller one. Aqizzer your gonna have to modify your mech, if you want to. Or i can just change it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:27:21 pm by Nilocy »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

See, that's what I was talking about.  I removed the speed line - make it whatever AGI 3 would give me.

And I meant Rules Clarification on how the Energy Cloak thing works.  Is it one use or what?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Just fixed it, needs two turns of cool down. Any more weeding out that needs to be done?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Also can you have more than one of the same countermeasure?To stack the effects?

Those two questions are still unanswered.

And one more,is the basic weapon a melee or a ranged?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:40:31 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Also can you have more than one of the same countermeasure?To stack the effects?

Those two questions are still unanswered.

And one more,is the basic weapon a melee or a ranged?

1. No, not at the moment. I'll mark that down.
2. Those are spawn points for choosing where your mech will begin.
3. Melee. I think i said that.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

If those are the spawn points,what do the arena entrances do?Allow you to warp from one entrance to another?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Nah, they're there just for show... You can blow them up if you want, but the Gaming commission has rules against it.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Is it possible for me to reserve spawn 1017?Or will the spawning be random?

And I just spotted something,shouldn't Aquizzars mech have 25 HP not 20?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:27:31 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

I just had this crazy idea. If this works out ( I'm sure it will :D ), what about maps with multiple z levels? And destructible environments?
That might be getting a bit too optimistic, but the idea of a forum game like X-COM, but with one man teams, is just so awesome-sauce that it could very well implode the universe.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Hmm, that would be very interesting indeed. I was thinking of levelled combat, but it would invlove me having to make range a 3-d thing. which could be a bit troubling considering i came up with this whole idea in less that 4 hours. But if your willing to invest some time into a n X-com style RP, then i'd be happy to help give you ideas etc. :D

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I'd say keep it simple for now then we can try getting into the interesting stuff.

We might have to do a one on one here.It might grab some attention and more mechs.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

Well, I would want to join but I have forum games myself to do ( ok... my RP Games are being very unactive due to lack of interest of myself, but I think I might just be able to keep interested in the City Warfare Forum Game ).

So, go for it! I'm betting on the blue mech.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Whos blue?
Me?
I'll take blue.The color fits.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile

Hmm...  I might be interested, but I don't know if this stays in a simple gladiatorial arena style for the entire duration.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4