Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133919 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #1005 on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:20 pm »

Nylon makes surprisingly good bullets.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 06, 2009, 05:09:38 pm »

You would have to sleep on a bed carved out of solid lead or eat with lead plateware to get lead poisoning in a lead mine.

This doesn't sound all that different from some Dwarf Fortresses.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:13 pm »

Indeed: although dwarves don't currently use plates, mugs or utensils to eat, lead barrels should either be banned or result in lead poisoning.

Loss of social skills and agility perhaps? That is the only way I could see of implementing it, unless it did nerve damage.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 06, 2009, 11:51:47 pm »

Indeed: although dwarves don't currently use plates, mugs or utensils to eat, lead barrels should either be banned or result in lead poisoning.

Loss of social skills and agility perhaps? That is the only way I could see of implementing it, unless it did nerve damage.

What on earth happened to zombie survival!?!?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 07, 2009, 12:06:51 am »

Step 1: of surviving a zolocaust is to know your zombies. Maybe there's zombies out there which have been caused by dwarves with an allergy to lead?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 07, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

More likely Dwarves eating dinner off Pitchblende tables.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 07, 2009, 04:42:48 am »

See? Two things which can cause dwarven zombies. Do YOU want to be the ignorant and un-ready one, when the zapocalypse arrives? It's not a matter of if, but "when".
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 07, 2009, 05:44:07 am »

Between the giant spinning disc traps, the fortified crossbow nests, and the magma swimming pools I don't think that zombies pose much threat to Fortress dwarves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 07, 2009, 06:27:57 am »

Between the giant spinning disc traps, the fortified crossbow nests, and the magma swimming pools I don't think that zombies pose much threat to Fortress dwarves...

We only make plans for human zombies (and sometimes dogs). Dwarves have to deal with zombie carp and whales. No to mention dragons.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 07, 2009, 07:07:35 am »

Z- .... No, Tack... Don't.

Zoooo...

MUST... FIGHT...
GAH!

*PERSPIRATION EVERYWHAR*

Unnghh...

ZOMBIE DRAGONS

... I dropped the ball.. sorry.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 07, 2009, 07:19:38 am »

Zombie Tentacle Demons would be worse; think about it, Zombies have no nerves and infinite stamina and patience. They keep going forever.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 07, 2009, 10:00:09 am »

Zombie Tentacle Demons would be worse; think about it, Zombies have no nerves and infinite stamina and patience. They keep going forever.

Ok, I really didn't need that image.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Angellus

« Reply #1017 on: November 07, 2009, 04:20:00 pm »

Would it win from Sofy?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:17 am »

Would it win from Sofy?

BAD PICTURES! No more mention of tentacles in this thread. Although I suppose that we might want to prepare for undead monsters . . .

I'd probably tend towards explosives, fire, or point blank automatic fire.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1019 on: November 09, 2009, 02:07:18 am »

Would it win from Sofy?

BAD PICTURES! No more mention of tentacles in this thread. Although I suppose that we might want to prepare for undead monsters . . .

I'd probably tend towards explosives, fire, or point blank automatic fire.
Well, after a bit of L4D2, we have more problems. The variable classes of zombie, or super-zombie.

How can we handle those along with the rest of the regulars, without wasting ammo or resources? I mean, we can always send Sof after the smokies, she'll know how to handle them just fine. It would serve as a distraction. As for the remainder, we need more large-scale methods of wiping out hordes that won't require wasting thousands of bullets-per-hundred zombies.

We need some zero-point energy manipulation devices (anti-grav guns), and some nifty traps made using them. We can come up with some construction ideas in GMOD and DF. So far, an idea I came up with involves a cargo container, a gear mechanism of sorts, and a way to automatically power the system to lift it, and drop it every few moments. I suppose a series of waterwheels and a pulley system would work well. Provided it's protected well enough from zombies breaking the cords.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101