Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133744 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2009, 08:27:53 pm »

Get 6 of your friends, grab a whole lot of booze and load it into a camel-drawn wagon. Also throw in some mushrooms, a pick, and an anvil, then drive off into the mountains. Dig out an ingenious defensive corridor, filled with traps, then some lodging beyond that, breed the camels, and adapt to life without sunlight...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2009, 05:17:53 am »

Yay, zombie topic! :D

EDIT: Scratch that. I thought this was a necro'd topic, and so felt like making a pun. I saw wrong.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:37:26 am by Firnagzen »
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2009, 05:38:40 am »

Is it? Wow, I wouldn't have known by the way that it had "Zombie" in the title. Nor, even by the continual pages and pages of posts, all related to a Zolocaust. Thank you, thank you so much for pointing out that this is, indeed, a zombie topic.
It is a matter of rejoice that you've realised this, therefore I shall add my own "yay" to the mix as well, just to show the significance of your post. "FUCKEN YAY"

Scratch that. I'll get my happiness out of just saying "Ha, your pun failed."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:58:51 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2009, 06:51:43 am »

This topic has, I believe, indeed, returned from a state without evidence of life. It just happened a little while ago...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:15 am »

Ovbiously what preparations you need to make depend entirely on the kind of Zombies you are facing. Are they L4D Zombies that are actually still alive but maddened with rabies? Are they Undead, but die when you remove or destroy their head? Or will they remain functional indefinitely until their bodies are destroyed beyond theri ability to use?

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:34 am »

Thought to make up for the silliness of my previous post: Depending on what zombies are attracted to and their intelligence level, it seems to me that a bell on a string would make an effective distraction. For silliness points, make a simple noose trap that drops the bell onto a zombie.

What? Some people argue against guns on the basis that the noise produced when firing a gun attracts more zombies. Why not a cowbell tied to a zombie?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2009, 08:13:35 am »

Due to the fact that there's three us us here now my strategy is now simply barricade in and wait. Three people is enough to keep this place locked up tight with some extra wood and sheet metal.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angellus

« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2009, 08:32:28 am »

Due to the fact that there's three us us here now my strategy is now simply barricade in and wait. Three people is enough to keep this place locked up tight with some extra wood and sheet metal.
Food?

Or are you going to eat Eva?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2009, 08:35:34 am »

:P

Rip out the roof and make a garden in the attic with dirt from the backyard.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Angellus

« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39:13 pm »

:P

Rip out the roof and make a garden in the attic with dirt from the backyard.
... Do you know how much m3 you need to feen one person? XD
Plus, you will need to feed yourself the first year ;)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:18 pm »

I daresay they have an overexuberant amount of noodles.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:08:59 pm by Stany »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2009, 05:43:57 pm »

If possible, I'll need to gather much fuel, for both travel and flamethrowing, and of various types. I'll also need shotguns, sniper rifles, several sidearms, grenades, materials to make an electric fence, several powerful generators, some farmland (with crops), and a collection of swords in case I run out of ammo and supplies. I'll maybe even MacgGuyver myself an RPC (Rocket-Propelled Chainsaw) if I must.

I think it would work well to have a personal sanctuary that can be self-sufficient as possible. If anything, going through a zombie epidemic is a marathon. I plan to last as long as possible.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

This thread has been necro'd many times. Usually with the pun included.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2009, 08:06:56 pm »

Maybe we should evolve this thread into a zombie text game.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 101