Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133723 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #810 on: October 25, 2009, 01:02:47 am »

MMO FPS - Left4dead.

Has nobody noticed that one?
Oh, and Left4dead infected are runners.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 25, 2009, 01:14:04 am »

What about brain-eaters that convert by eating brains, do bullets to the head stop them?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 25, 2009, 01:19:38 am »

MMO FPS - Left4dead.

Has nobody noticed that one?
Oh, and Left4dead infected are runners.

I thought about it, and the number of zombies vs humans was brought up on the exanimus boards. Since 1 human can take down a good 1000 zombies with enough ammo, you would need NPC zombies. Either with very good AI, or controlled by other player zombies.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 25, 2009, 01:50:18 am »

I'd also like to dispel the idea that a  fifty cal isn't a good weapon against zombies. If one takes a .50 (shuffle to google images if you must) and shoots someone in the leg with it, either A) that leg is GONE or B) that Tibia is GONE. In either case, the zombie is not going to be walking anymore, and a crawling zombie is not that big of a threat. Finish it off later with a sharpened broom handle if you want.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2009, 02:04:23 am »

I'd say its good for the obviously stonger zombies there may be, or for distance, also if that 50 cal could rip through several zombies at once a group would be a little easier to handle. But yeh not good for average range gun slinging.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2009, 03:53:08 am »

The problem is having enough ammo and mobility, but if you can find a good supply of ammo and mount it on a vehicle them go for it.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 25, 2009, 04:08:34 am »

Mmm... But it all depends on which type it is, I guess.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 25, 2009, 11:46:05 am »

the only way i could see a "zombie" outbreak working is through a virus or maybe an advanced "hivemind(think ants) parasite. as a virus' goal is to spread itself,it would not attack those with it(aka other "zombies") anything else would just attack others like it thus ending the infection within days.honestly,the main problem of surviving is not getting infected by whatever caused the initial outbreak.if there was an virus that infected a majority of earth's population,what makes you so special as to be immune to it in the first place?also,what is peoples fantasy about having to shoot the head to kill the brain? the brain needs oxygen from the blood to survive,i see no realistic way possible in which they would be any more durable than a real human,save for the possibility of ignoring alot of pain.sadly,all this pretty much means ragers are the only zombie that makes sense.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2009, 11:54:56 am »

It's less a case of 'what if a fictional zombie outbreak happened' (which gives all those arguments about brain and types of zombies, and more of 'what if I were placed in a zombie outbreak (like in the movies! Whee!)'.
That gets rid of the argument why you are immune/not infected, but still lets you argue about types. Then you can say 'my zombies are slow, and die of braindamage', for example.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 25, 2009, 11:57:03 am »

It's less a case of 'what if a fictional zombie outbreak happened' (which gives all those arguments about brain and types of zombies, and more of 'what if I were placed in a zombie outbreak (like in the movies! Whee!)'.
That gets rid of the argument why you are immune/not infected, but still lets you argue about types. Then you can say 'my zombies are slow, and die of braindamage', for example.
true,and i agree with you and understand the point,i was just talking about people who try and talk and write about zombies like they really exist,or try and add logic to obviously movie scenario zombies.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:33 pm »

But the fun in talking about zombies is in preparing for them  ;D

Anyway i think shooting the spinal cord should be enough, as long as they are paralyzed. To me zombies should be like humans without pain and heightened senses. As for slow or fast, I'd prefer them to be slow.

What would be the best "safehouse" for zombies? I think it's the stereotypical mall. Tons of resources, tons of room.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 25, 2009, 01:51:24 pm »

that would be horrible.the food would expire in a week,mostly glass for the doorways,too many people already think of these places,malls are located downtown where you sure as hell don't want to be.

i would suggest out in the country,or in a small rural town.military bases are obvious,but it would be doubtful they would let you in. as far as government set up refugee camps during an invasion go,i doubt it would be wise to go to one. it depends really on where you live.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:44 pm »

Military bases are much rarer and hard to get into, malls have generators for power and plenty of fridges. And a lot of the food would probably be pasterized and canned. There are also guns from gun shops and furniture to barricade doors.

Even if you live out in the country where there will be less zombies, any food you have will spoil just as quickly as stuff in the mall.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 25, 2009, 03:08:49 pm »

true,and i agree with you and understand the point,i was just talking about people who try and talk and write about zombies like they really exist,or try and add logic to obviously movie scenario zombies.
But logic is fun!
Read the First Post!

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 25, 2009, 03:35:12 pm »

"Hey, hey! There's a zombie plague! What do we do? I know, let's go SHOPPING!"

I think that I would commandeer a yacht and go out a mile or two out into the ocean with enough food for a week or so. Would kinda suck if you were landlocked though.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 101