Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133688 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2009, 08:52:25 pm »

Unless it's a broadsword of some kind, I'd go with an axe.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »

I kind of dislike the whole 'bullet through the head' thing, if you don't need to completely dismember them and then dismember the pieces then they just aren't trying...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:25 pm »

I think it depends on the source of the zombie. As for preparedness I'd be happy with a shotgun and lots of ammo, lots of food and water, a sharp handax and some type of handheld shield. Possibly a tree fort if zombies can't climb ladders. Also, are these the zombies that can run after you or are they your common half rotted shambling corpses? I'll assume runners since that sounds more dangerous. Also can you be infected via bite or such or are you one of the few immune humans in the zombie apocolypse?

Too many zombie variables. For each variable I'd probably change my preparation list somehow.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »

That's the trick though, isn't it? What can one do to be ready for ALL the variables?

Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »

You can be prepared for everything by at least having a basic kit ready.

I already have the shotgun part of MY kit.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 20, 2009, 09:33:29 pm »

You definitely need a sword in case they are mysteriously impervious to modern weapons...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2009, 09:36:08 pm »

You can be prepared for everything by at least having a basic kit ready.

I already have the shotgun part of MY kit.

Shotgun?  I don't know about that, I'd rather use a single-action/bolt rifle.  One aimed shot to head, down.  Well, unless there's alot of them maybe.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 20, 2009, 09:40:02 pm »

That's why I got the shotgun. That and a Titanium Crowbar.

That would be awesome. And handy. For cracking open crates and skulls! Fun for the whole family!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 20, 2009, 09:44:35 pm »

If you manage to reach some place that the zombies can't reach then the rifle is great, you can pick them off over time and bring a horde down to manageable numbers, typically the plot will kill anyone who gets caught in the open regardless of how well prepared they are...
Read the First Post!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2009, 09:46:04 pm »

You wouldn't have enough ammo for that RAM. No one would.

Usually Zombies are in GREAT NUMBERS...

And think about it.

If these zombies can climb and run, maybe not think, but run and climb, then if you got there.

They can get there.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 20, 2009, 09:50:27 pm »

Not if your hiding in Canada during winter.

And have access to water.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 20, 2009, 09:55:59 pm »

If you had a good source of travel, and enough fuel, going north would probably be the best option. Frost bite would likely freeze the zombie to such an extent they would either be unable to move or fall apart. And if you have a good knowledge of local plants, and wildlife you could live off hunting and gathering.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 20, 2009, 10:02:12 pm »

If you had a good source of travel, and enough fuel, going north would probably be the best option. Frost bite would likely freeze the zombie to such an extent they would either be unable to move or fall apart. And if you have a good knowledge of local plants, and wildlife you could live off hunting and gathering.

Or, you know, you could just make a giant ice rink outside your house.

And then you send the video to AFV.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 20, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »

You could be behind a heavy security grill of some sort, or on top of a reservoir with the ladder disabled, and with a little practice it should be one bullet for each zombie. The zombies come from humans, so the number of zombies should be relative to the number of survivors, if there are more zombies per survivor than survivors can carry bullets then you are in more trouble than any firearm is going to cure. If the zombies are intelligent enough to overcome the same obstacles that a human can then what is wrong with joining the zombies?
Read the First Post!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:22 pm »

Rotting to pieces and falling apart for one thing.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 101