Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133910 times)

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2008, 09:11:29 pm »

I think you're underestimating the power of Reason. 

What fool would dare underestimate me?
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2008, 09:15:42 pm »

I think you're underestimating the power of Reason. 

What fool would dare underestimate me?

Ooh!  Me!  Me, sir!

In other news, this thread has risen from its grave to stalk the active threads and eat their good posts.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2008, 10:58:19 pm »

My zombie survival plan?

Gather up what remains of my family, and clean out my aunt's pawn shop for guns and ammo. Drive south to Savannah, and hijack a ship of rather formidable size. Turn the deck into a giant vegetable garden and sail out into the Atlantic.

Totally unrealistic, but hey, this is zombies we're talking about. ;)

Basically, get away from land. FAR away, and try to stay away as much as possible, only coming ashore sparingly for food and supplies. Now, if we add zombie sharks and whales into the equation...
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2008, 12:45:34 am »

My plan:

I am actually pretty good where I am right now! I live about 2 hours from brisbane and are near the beach, so if need be I can find boats to use. The town itself is pretty low in population so not too many zombies unless masses of them roam from Brisbane, which is highly unlikely.

My house is a two story with compact exposed wood stairs, and is situated on a steep hill hidden from most people that are looking right at it! Really!

The only real enterance to the house is by driveway (which is long, about 10 meters steeply uphill) and is large enough to allow a truck to pass with about 30 cm to spare, so its pretty narrow compared to other driveways. The entire house is surrounded by a wooden fence higher than a full grown man. The veranda from upstairs is quite big and is low enough that I (about 7 foot tall) can hang from it and drop to the ground without harm, but is out of reach otherwise excepting by the carport via some rocks and a jump.

What I do is take all the supplies upstairs (plenty of room for even 10 people!), arm myself from the shed with a axe and look for others nextdoor over the fence. If noone there, I scavenge what I can, take it back to my place and once I find enough people and stuff I chop away the stairs with the axe. Completely safe and if I wish, I can use furniture to barricade windows, doors and the driveway from zombies. If I need to leave, I just hop over the fence to safety! (I have kept the houses and yards clear beforehand!) I can then go look for a boat or drive inland after getting transport.

Easy.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2008, 09:42:47 pm »

The problem with formulating a plan for zombie apocalypse is that we don't know what kind of zombies we're talking about here. DOOM zombies? Shambling zombies? Resident Evil T-Virus zombies? Squirrel zombies? We just don't know. So my plan is to sit in a nuclear winter-type bunker with a crap-ton of guns and a remarkably sophisticated system of water recycling, hydroponic and electronic food-growing assemblies, and entertainment and communication systems powered by geothermal energy and wait it out. THUH END.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2008, 11:54:53 pm »

The problem with formulating a plan for zombie apocalypse is that we don't know what kind of zombies we're talking about here. DOOM zombies? Shambling zombies? Resident Evil T-Virus zombies? Squirrel zombies? We just don't know. So my plan is to sit in a nuclear winter-type bunker with a crap-ton of guns and a remarkably sophisticated system of water recycling, hydroponic and electronic food-growing assemblies, and entertainment and communication systems powered by geothermal energy and wait it out. THUH END.
You fool!  A NUCLEAR bunker?  You're just asking for radioactivity zombies.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 09, 2008, 12:40:46 am »

I would infect myself with the zombie pathogen, overcome my dark hunger for brains, and lead zombies everywhere to accept humanity and live in peace.

In other words, I would become the zombie messiah.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2008, 06:26:18 am »

Actually, since most zombies seem to have rapid tissue growth, radiation might be a good way to kill them.
Shoes...

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 09, 2008, 06:48:35 am »

Pretty sure I've posted the first part of this somewhere on the thread. Anyway, here's part #2 of Badmovies.org's zombie preparedness guide.

http://www.badmovies.org/sideshows/articles/zombie-plan-pt2.html
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2008, 11:50:15 am »

Actually, since most zombies seem to have rapid tissue growth, radiation might be a good way to kill them.
Hmm?  I thought the whole point was they had very little tissue growth.  Living dead, and all.  And anyway, the only thing worse than zombies is mutant zombies.

IIRC, the zombies in Night of the Living Dead were radiation zombies.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2008, 02:56:50 pm »

Space radiation. From SPACE.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2008, 05:13:23 pm »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2008, 05:48:46 pm »

YES ZOMBIE THREAD BACK TO LIFE.. this is what brought me to the nonsense forum.

Anywayss Im still sticking to my cottage plan.. also to add on since you guys totally shot it down with the winter freeze my moat I am gona build a massive wall around the island! or atleast a chainlink fence..

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2008, 06:04:17 am »

Off topic :What 3rd party drm does the steam version of HoAE use and is it possible to apply retail patches to it?

On topic: I'd start by taking a blacksmith's hammer and a hatchet for personal defense with a crowbar as backup weapon/tool and load all my suplies into the back of the car. From there i'd drive arround the area picking up people needed at various tasks, including somebody who speaks a few foreign languages(if this corner of the netherlands get infected, our own government will be (un)dead for a long time already), somebody good at melee combat, the closest thing to a firearm expert here in holland and a technician at least. Instead of relying on everyboy being proficient enough with their own tools to hold their own, we can train people that way. Once we have our crew prepared we head to a warehouse that i know for certain ships canned food and presubably bottled water and is most likely the best defendable place in the country unless you dig out a magma moat), the south and west sides have no windows at all and consist of plain, 4 story high walls with no grip whatsoever. The north side includes a small alley with about 10 steel loading bay doors and is shielded by another 4 story high wall at it's dead end and along it's entire lenght because it's next to a railroad. Infront of the building is a large parking lot filled with enough cars for a few month's worth fuel supply assuming we don't have to maintain heavy tanks and a 3 metres chain link fence opposite to the building. The fence has only 1 entrace gate that is operated from the building. The building's office is located on the 4th floor above the corner between the alley and the parking lot and the only entrace there is through a small door in front leading to the main shipping hall and a fire escape. The roof is sturdy enough to have a helicopter land on it and has a 3ft high wall running all arround it. From the top of the fire escape, it's possible to cover the entire parking lot and alley. The front door will obviously be barricaded by welding some steel sheets from a nearby construction site infront of it(the ones they drive heavy digging vehicles over to avoid breaking alphalt) And the same applies to the bottom of the fire escape. The bay doors in the alley will be blocked by stacking containers infront of them exept for the one that we can easily cover from inside the building. For that one we will have our technician rig up the thing so that it can close without using the attached engine so that we can simply drop wht effectively comes down to a solid steel porticullis ontop of any would be intruder. And if we have the fuel to spare and we are facing smart zombies, we randomize the active gate every few days. With a minimum crew of 6 people to guard it, we could hold out for months, as long as the army doesn't decide to shell us. Anybody who can find any weak points that need adjustment?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2008, 06:10:59 am »

Whem Left 4 Dead comes out people here wanna gang together and get some games going? We could always try to maybe just might possibly get just a small little tiny piece of server going if people are willing to donate... A bay12 server... that'd be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101