Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133909 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2008, 11:57:51 pm »

Depends on what type of zombie your thinking of, if its the 'Solanum' zombie, then it would only go for living things and only those with brains. No undead skin cells!

But other than that, who knows? Thats one of the joys of zombies, you don't always really know everything about them!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2008, 12:04:29 am »

Thats one of the joys of zombies

Only on Bay 12 Games would I hear this!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2008, 02:47:33 am »

Dam straight!

Someone should make a sig quoting the 2 previous comments!  ;)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2008, 12:52:51 pm »

Arise my greatest thread!!
Necromancy is perfectly apropaite here, isn't it?

Here is our new discusion topic, what would the world's military respond with? Could any zombie apocalypse survive in the face of a thousand semi-trained peasants with Kilashnikovs (Damn, I butchered that spelling)?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:39 pm »

Hmmm, what would the military's response be?

Id say that they would attack with everything they have, short of nukes, in the early stages and by the later stages when the soldiers have left to look after their families, nukes away!!!

About the 1000 peasents, if the zombies attacked by supprise, or at night, then most would probably panic, otherwise, they would most likely win.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2008, 01:41:38 am »

Heh, you guys aren't thinking zombie. This is zombie:

AK-47 (SAR 1)
5x 30 round magazines
1x 40 round magazine
250 rounds Wolf JHP
1x Tactical Load Bearing Vest
1x brand new can of Rem Oil
1x brand new can of Foam Cleaner
200x patches
Riot gear
20 years supply of MREs
Savage 111f chambered in 30-06 with ammo. No scope though, those are for pansies.

No zombie gets within 800 yards of my house

Not one.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:01 am »

But where would you get that stuff in, say, Australia for example?

Its highly unlikely that you would be given that stuff, let alone find it, and do you know how to use them properly? If yes, then you would be military and would not be at home.

That is not zombie, that is irrational.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2008, 08:48:18 pm »

But where would you get that stuff in, say, Australia for example?

Its highly unlikely that you would be given that stuff, let alone find it, and do you know how to use them properly? If yes, then you would be military and would not be at home.

That is not zombie, that is irrational.
Heh, except what would I be doing anywhere thats not the United States of America? And yes, I'm a High Master Marksman with my 111f. Hoping for a strange mood though, I stocked up on turtle shells and everything.

For Australians there are alternatives, such as: don't live in australia, its a zombie death trap!
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2008, 08:59:52 pm »

Hah! Hardly!

In the USA, there are more people in NYC than there are in Australia, and in a much smaller space. Is this safe? NO!

There are a lot more rural towns in Aus, and not in the USA. Not to mention that there are more likely to be looters in the USA, also armed looters can kill you easier than any zombie, and they will be aplenty in the USA.

Not to mention that Australia has the SAS, which is one of the best military units of the world. Do you? No.

The USA is a zombie deathtrap, not Aus.

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:22 pm »

One question. I know this has been asked before, but...

How would a human-only infection cross the ocean? I mean, nobody infected would even be alive long enough to take a flight across the pacific.

Stewardess: Would you care to purchace a head pillow?
Infected: Mrh? Grrrrrh.

Just go on a vacation and you will be fine.
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2008, 04:11:21 pm »

That's common sense, and unfortunately, a lot of people have at least a little bit of common sense, which is why everyone shows up at movies on days that should be slow.  There would be so many people packing the airports that they'd probably shut down, and if a zombie showed up...

Also, think about this. A zombie infection takes hold in America, people rush the airports, going to Australia, Britain, and other waterlocked nations.  These nations, not having time to study the infection, err on the side of safety and shoot down commercial planes entering their airspace from America, in case someone on board is infected.  Best way to survive is to pack a houseboat with supplies and float out into one of the Great Lakes, they're like tiny oceans.  Even if the zombies could swim, what are the odds they'd find your houseboat in literally miles of open water?  Plus, if you kept lookouts, you could easily shoot them as they swam.  If they pulled a Pirates of the Caribbean, they wouldn't be a threat, because you'd be hundreds of feet from the lakebed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:15:57 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2008, 05:25:31 pm »

What if they walked on the bed until they reached the bottom of your houseboat, THEN swam up?

Or, even better yet, what if the lake animals were infected? Infected otters, infected trout, infected... carp?

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

Infected... Bacteria! gg?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2008, 08:19:44 pm »

How would they know I was there, magic?  Hundreds of feet of water would block any scent, sight, or even heat-vision.  The only thing that could work is sensing vibrations, but they're just zombies.  It's not like they'd have time to evolve vibration-sensing organs.
Shoes...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2008, 08:39:33 pm »

And the zombies would have to catch the animals first.

And zombies can't swim.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101