Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133777 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2008, 10:25:32 am »

o_O
How else are we supposed to repopulate the world?!

;)

Thanks Kagus!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:31 pm »

Here is a book you guys should read, first volume is free online.. The book is called "autumn", its by david moody. Fantastic zombie book, got the old style ones though but they have a burst of speed when they get close..

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2008, 02:58:04 pm »

I like that zombie. Slow, animalistic, not able to turn doorknobs. Shambles everywhere, but if they get close they jump atcha!
Oh and only limited climbing.
Those oldskool zombies seem so much scarier because you feel like you have a chance. Fast superzombies you just give up on.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2008, 03:10:38 pm »

I still like the 28 day later zombie better. They are scarier for how they kill you and chase you. The other ones are better for survival movies and hopefully they are the kind that show up if it ever really happens.

Leo you read the series?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:31 pm »

I think slow zombies are scarier, for the same reason serial killers never run in Slasher movies.  No matter how hard you try to get away, they're always right behind you.  When I was little, playing that Star Wars game where you were Dash Rendar(Can't for the life of me remember the name), the wampas scared me beyond belief because they were so slow but they always kept up.
Shoes...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 03:20:44 pm »

Then you like the suspense part.. I like the actually horror part of the movie. But if its a survival story you defenitly need those slow moving massive amount horde ones who suround your building in massive number.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2008, 04:23:07 pm »

For my way of zombie survival say I was a bit older say 20ish?, for the either type since where I live in Midland Ontario..

I would immediately get a few people of the same age, being twenty I will probably have moved to the larger city of barrie for post secondary education. While in barrie I would stop at a gun store and raid the crap outa the place getting all the guns we can handle. Then I would drive to midland where I would stop at the grocery store for imediate food supplies and then next to the garden center for basic growable plants, and hopefully a pop-up greenhouse.
After we gather all that we would have about two vehicles saying there is four of us. We would drive down to the dock and find two boats load them up. Then we would go out to the waters of georgian bay and find the nicest biggest fucking cottage on a medium sized island we can. There we could set up greenhouses we will steal later on and grow some food and we could go into town and steal a shit load of anything we need. While living there we could set up some sort of perimeter, say a string with bells attached? We could even steal solar panels and put them on the rocks of the island and power a fridge or something..
We could routinely travel to town and broadcast a signal from our boat in the middle of midland bay looking for survivors.

Please try and punching holes in my idea but I think it would be hard..
Also you can come join me and the people I find long as you can contribute to our casue.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2008, 04:44:06 pm »

If there are cottages on the island, that means there are people, which means there are zombies.  You might be on there for hours until they catch your scent.  Going through the grocery store would be even more dangerous, but necessary I suppose.

Also, on the topic of scariness, the Nosferatu from 30 Days of Night are the best.  They're faster than 28 Days Later zombies, they can jump like 20 feet, a headshot is the only realistic way of killing them, they can climb, they're really strong, and they're smart.  There's a scene where they climb along the rooftops following a wounded girl, trying to draw out hiding survivors.  If they attacked, I don't think anyone would survive.
Shoes...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2008, 04:58:07 pm »

For my way of zombie survival say I was a bit older say 20ish?, for the either type since where I live in Midland Ontario..

I would immediately get a few people of the same age, being twenty I will probably have moved to the larger city of barrie for post secondary education. While in barrie I would stop at a gun store and raid the crap outa the place getting all the guns we can handle. Then I would drive to midland where I would stop at the grocery store for imediate food supplies and then next to the garden center for basic growable plants, and hopefully a pop-up greenhouse.
After we gather all that we would have about two vehicles saying there is four of us. We would drive down to the dock and find two boats load them up. Then we would go out to the waters of georgian bay and find the nicest biggest fucking cottage on a medium sized island we can. There we could set up greenhouses we will steal later on and grow some food and we could go into town and steal a shit load of anything we need. While living there we could set up some sort of perimeter, say a string with bells attached? We could even steal solar panels and put them on the rocks of the island and power a fridge or something..
We could routinely travel to town and broadcast a signal from our boat in the middle of midland bay looking for survivors.

Please try and punching holes in my idea but I think it would be hard..
Also you can come join me and the people I find long as you can contribute to our casue.

So what, you're going to become Kobolds?

Be-poked holes:
1: Gun stores have Gun Store Owners. Gun Store Owners have Guns.
2: Again, the biggest, bestest houses also include pre-existing rich people, who have both guns and security guards. Who have guns. Assuming they are still alive. Even zombie guards are bad, though. But since they're on the island, they are probably alive.
3: In the winter, your mote will freeze over, allowing goblins zombies access.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008, 05:27:13 pm »

Does anybody want to have a forum game/meta-RPG concerning the issue? I'm rather curious what it will lead to this time...  last time we guessed the ending of Resident Evil 2, and a part of Resident Evil 3 (the movies).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 05:38:25 pm »

Getting other people is probably a bad idea.  You can't turn on yourself, but other people are only looking out for number one.  It sickens me that we're that way, but there's no getting by it.  And PTTG is right, you'd have to be creative to get resources.  Grocery Stores and gun stores are going to be looted/occupied, and they'd probably shoot you before they'd let you join them.  One more mouth to feed.  I still think the best way is to take a food-laden houseboat onto Lake Erie or the like.  The zombies could never reach you.
Shoes...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:05 pm »

Does anybody want to have a forum game/meta-RPG concerning the issue? I'm rather curious what it will lead to this time...  last time we guessed the ending of Resident Evil 2, and a part of Resident Evil 3 (the movies).
I smell the word forum game from a kilometer away...
I'm way too busy, but it might be a good idea. Might

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2008, 05:58:32 pm »

It might be interesting, but please let someone else run it, or you will never get anywhere with the rest...
Eh?
Eh!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2008, 06:08:21 pm »

;D

There is a BIG flaw in your zombie theories. A zombie uprising wouldn't start simultaniously everywhere, right? It would start on some or other place. As far as I know, zombies wouldn't really "expand" out of, for example, the city limits of the first zombiefied city. People would notice zombies would be waggling around, by air for example, and the military would bomb the hell out of the city. Humanity saved.

Or if the zombiefication strikes in some or other obscure village. Congratulations. We have 100 or so zombies who do nothing but stay in a village nobody will ever visit until they decay to nothing but a heap of bones. If the locals don't stop the first zombies, that is.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2008, 06:47:13 pm »

I think a good way to start the forum game would be something like this:

History
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's currently December 28th at midnight. The weather has been cold and very dry. On the night of the 27th, high winds off the coast brought a heavy snowfall, and by the morning of the 28th there will be six inches of snow on the ground.

Your character decided to hole up in his house or apartment, for reasons you decide, up until you hear the message. You cannot start together, but you can know each other if you like. There can have been no plans made between characters in advance.

Turns take place every day. You can post one turn of action per day, though conversation is free.

Healing is problematic; there are no magical medkits. Characters with medical skill can set bones and such, but during the gameplay period wounds typically won't heal enough to make a difference. If you are stabbed in the leg and it hinders your movement, you'll pretty much be stuck like that for a few days at least.

For your character, post the following:
Code: [Select]
Name:
Job:

Up to three positive descriptors:

An equal number of negative descriptors:

Possessions:

Descriptors

Skills

Equipment