Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133760 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2008, 07:55:38 pm »

Be-poked holes:
1: Gun stores have Gun Store Owners. Gun Store Owners have Guns.
2: Again, the biggest, bestest houses also include pre-existing rich people, who have both guns and security guards. Who have guns. Assuming they are still alive. Even zombie guards are bad, though. But since they're on the island, they are probably alive.
3: In the winter, your mote will freeze over, allowing goblins zombies access.
1: Ill bring him with and if he says no im sure we can gett him to give us a pistol.. and if he does that we shoot him with it.
2: Out here no, they are like normal houses up on high cliffs, its the candian shield here remember, we will only go for like a vice-roy house anyways not a giant million dollar house just a three quarter million.
3: True hence forth we will not leave the safety area during winter. Also im sure before then we will have built somekind of fence.
Getting other people is probably a bad idea.  You can't turn on yourself, but other people are only looking out for number one.  It sickens me that we're that way, but there's no getting by it.  And PTTG is right, you'd have to be creative to get resources.  Grocery Stores and gun stores are going to be looted/occupied, and they'd probably shoot you before they'd let you join them.  One more mouth to feed.  I still think the best way is to take a food-laden houseboat onto Lake Erie or the like.  The zombies could never reach you.
Then I will raid the cottages and abondoned houses quickly, I will still stop at the gardencenter for seeds and plants to grow food later on. I think if I find someone alone walking they will want to join me. Chances are survivors will be few so if someone is held up all by himself in a gun store im sure he wouldn't mind joining, and if he doesn't I would have no problem casue if he doesn't hes probably crazy to be alone.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:32 pm »

You're underestimating the human drive to survive.  Why bother to join up with you when they can just kill you and take your food?  Then they have all of it, and no one to share it with.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

We also have an instinctual urge to band together in times of threat.  All depends on how scared the person is.

If they're not scared at all, they'll probably ignore you or prevent you from taking something that may help them later on.  If they're somewhat scared, they'll try to stick with you.  If they're panicked, they'll shoot anything.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2008, 09:07:56 pm »

Thank you kagus that is what I was counting on, very few will survive and in times of threat most of us stick together, only a 30+ male is really going to try and go it alone.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2008, 09:15:17 pm »

I'd think only a 15-25 male would try it alone.  Ordinary folks in particular will band quickly around anyone with an aire of authority.  Of course, there's the matter of how much being 'ordinary' would be a hindrance in such an extraordinary circumstance.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2008, 09:17:25 pm »

No im 15 and I wouldnt go it alone, Id say 19-30 male changed my mind, I was thinking of a crazy old guy haha.

p.s How did you guys make your characters up for the forum game?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2008, 09:24:20 pm »

Any talk of rational/extreme response to disaster just reminds me of what Neal Stephenson said-
Until a man is 25, he still thinks, every so often, that under the right circumstances he could be the baddest motherfucker in the world. If I moved to a martial arts monastery in China and studied real hard for 10 years. If my family was wiped out by Colombian drug dealers and I swore myself to revenge. If I got a fatal disease, had one year to live, devoted it to wiping out street crime. If I just dropped out and devoted my life to being bad.

I'm as guilty of it as any man.  Just ask my friends about my (flawless) "Let's Capture Bin Laden" plan.  Which is just the most violent of my five concurrent get-rich-quick schemes.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:59 pm »

Well I didnt have that kinda plan but I once suggested taking a large cargo plane and drop condoms on 3rd world countrys that have STI problems and over population (:

p.s we are going off topic

p.s everyone make a plan of what they would do and lets have fun poking holes in those plans
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:59:34 pm by Immortal »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:01 am »

p.s How did you guys make your characters up for the forum game?
If you were asking me, we didn't. We didn't bother with any sort of GM, either. I gave a link to that thing earlier.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2008, 10:56:04 am »

Well I didnt have that kinda plan but I once suggested taking a large cargo plane and drop condoms on 3rd world countrys that have STI problems and over population (:

They'd probably eat them.
Shoes...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2008, 01:54:16 pm »

They'd probably eat them.
HAHAHAHAHA ok thats not nice.. but its still quite funny..

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2008, 02:02:19 pm »

Win.
Shoes...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2008, 02:18:34 pm »

To try to get things more on topic, I think sometime it would be fun to do a zombie forum game where people take control of various nations as a zombie crisis erupts across the world... and china would be so screwed.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2008, 02:44:04 pm »

I think it would be fun to see more zombie games in general.  I mean, it's a very popular genre, why aren't more games being made for it?  It needs to be expanded in order to harvest all its brain-eating goodness, not just another TPS like Resident Evil or Dead Rising.  But even with a TPS you can have originality, just look at Stubbs. 

We need more zombie RPG's, and maybe even a zombie RTS or two. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 101