Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 129207 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #510 on: February 05, 2009, 10:28:28 pm »

But what if your wall around the island extends upwards, to the starry sky? What if it stretches miles high, a massive needle jutting out from the dark blue sea? What if all other humans on earth are zombified, and the three inside the tower are all that survive?

What if they learn to build terraces on the wall and farms high in the air? What if their children and their children's children extend the tower even further? What if, hundreds of years from now, entire microcountries have sprung up inside The Tower?

The highest levels have been abandoned for hundreds of years, and jutting terraces make nearly any upward view a blank scene of rock. The inhabitants, having long since lost knowledge of the outside world, believe that The Tower is all that exists. They press forward, higher and higher, striving against each other to reach the sky.

Some day, they will make it. They will look up, and they will see the same stars that you and I, their distant relatives from ancient times, look upon today. They will see the dark, inky blackness of night, twinkling with innumerable points of crystalline light. They will see. They will wonder about the past. They will look down over the top of the wall, and see the massive stone needle that they have spent their entire lives inside of, stretching down into a belt of blue haze, faintly luminous in the dampened light of the stars.

They will heft their climbing gear, swing over the edge, and descend. And humanity's life outside will begin anew. It will be beautiful.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 05, 2009, 10:37:03 pm »

And then the zombies eat them.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 05, 2009, 10:39:17 pm »

The zombies will have long rotted away.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 05, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »

2) Over 20 guns?  Either you're exaggerating, or your family members were technically renegades.  Any private collection of firearms greater than 10, or stockpile of ammunition greater than a thousand rounds, legally counts as an arsenal.  Remember, this is the same state that begot David Koresh.

--Nope, no exageration.  My family was big on hunting.  We had lots of firearms of all kinds.  I cant even count the number of times I "found" another pistol in the house as a kid ( yeah, I know how that sounds - but I was taught about guns from a young age so I knew not to f**k with them ).
--My maternal grandfather worked on the dockyard in glasgow until he was about 15 then came to US around the time of WW1.  Made himself a millionaire.  Became a big game hunter straight out of a bad movie.  I remember his house had a polar bear rug, leapord skin poker table, 12 foot ivory tusks arching over the fire place, a mounted head of nearly every huntable fauna on earth.  Elephant foot barstools...man, as a kid, it was FREAKIN AWESOME.  HE even had secret rooms.  But alas, the money is allgone now.
--I was in the Army when David Koresh bacame news.  We wanted to go teach him proper "gun safety", but the government did it first.  David was not from Texas.

PS:  please dont hate cuz his hunting, it was a different age.
PPS:  671 grains of diplomacy is all a zombie needs. and yeah, a freakin SAW would RULE!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:51:08 pm by Gorjo MacGrymm »
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 05, 2009, 10:54:08 pm »

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

One of the descendants of the wasteful bourgeois. So, you and your parents blew all his money? Or did he waste it on hunting exotic animals? Do you think it's a coincidence that you grew up around so many guns?

Maybe they were trying to tell you something.

Maybe they were the souls of all the people your grandfather bumped off on his way to the top. One for each victim.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 05, 2009, 11:11:36 pm »

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

One of the descendants of the wasteful bourgeois. So, you and your parents blew all his money? Or did he waste it on hunting exotic animals? Do you think it's a coincidence that you grew up around so many guns?

Maybe they were trying to tell you something.

Maybe they were the souls of all the people your grandfather bumped off on his way to the top. One for each victim.

really trying not to get upset here.
stay away from family remarks like that plz.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 05, 2009, 11:15:05 pm »

You can usually bet that if I say something exceptionally dashing and dramatic like that, I'm probably not being serious. Just so you know.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:41 am »

! ! !
Even the avatars expire eventually.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 07, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »

hurray for utter chaos!
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2009, 12:16:34 am »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 08, 2009, 12:36:48 am »

You can usually bet that if I say something exceptionally dashing and dramatic like that, I'm probably not being serious. Just so you know.
Even so, it just wasn't classy. That was using dark humor, which really should not be used because of how easily it is abused.

You have been warned.

*Cuts a D into inalucts shirt with three swipes of a rapier*

But yes, zombies. It is clear what we must do is advertise to America how sugar is healthy for you. then our stupid population that would die anyway will have massive amounts of sugar in their bodies. This will cause the teeth of zombies eating them to decay, and thus unable to bite. Then the smart population of America will be saved, while the rest of the world is screwed because they never acknowledge their stupid population.

Whoo boy, I need to sleep.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 08, 2009, 01:04:48 am »

Seriously? Sleep? I was just about to plan a crazy surprise party for you! Ah well. I guess we could just give away your spot to the new guy. *Whisper* I hear the new guy has really wild parties.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 08, 2009, 01:43:37 pm »

I think that this thread will enevitably end in a zombie level in my RTD and it won't be fun...
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 10, 2009, 08:42:23 pm »

I would get my Choppa, and maybe a Twin Linked Shoota, although a Combi-Skorcha can be good against zombies is what I hear. Probably get some Eavy Armour, and Cybork Body, as facing a Zombie horde can be devastating by the number of attacks they get, those saves will be needed. And, if there are Zombies that have a Strength of 10, are counted as a power weapon, that 5+ from the Cybork Body, will probably save me alot. Although I might just want to use Mega Armour, and a Attack Squig, as my Power Klaw can probably tear through them. Bosspole will be unneeded as long as I keep over 12 people with me. I would probably take a Battlewagon, with a Kannon for blowing away big groups of Zombies, Big Shootas, for mowing down them all, Grot Riggers, so my guns and Vehicle dont get torn down or immobilised. Armour Plates are nice, I need to keep on going. Deff Rolla could devastate them too. Thats probably what I would do.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 10, 2009, 08:49:53 pm »

Which is why I plan on hiding in my bathroom until a day or two after the main zombie wave sweeps in, to let all the macho guys blow each other way without getting in the crossfire.  But yeah, you know that part in World War Z, where it talks about designing a nation to fight off an apocalypse?  Texas fits the bill pretty well too.

Sorry for the double post but I had to point this out.

Z Day. The Day the Zombies crawl out of their tombs, and infect everyone else. Are you ready?

Wow, that sounds like a movie trailer
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 101