Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 129268 times)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #495 on: February 05, 2009, 12:53:02 am »

@ GmcG

You do realise there was a topic on that 'Zombies ahead' thing right? With pictures and everything? :P
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 05, 2009, 12:54:10 am »

You know, I bet he does.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2009, 12:59:46 am »

You know, I bet he does.

crappity- crap -crap

no, missed it......*starts a search

edit:  found it and ressurected it.  thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:15:49 am by Gorjo MacGrymm »
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:06 am »

I would, obviously, try to stay alive as long as possible. However, zombification would be inevitable, because eventually I would run out of supplies or bullets. Ideally, my base would have a thermonuclear bomb which I would detonate if I became infected, thus dying the most awesome death possible, short of falling into a black hole. However since this is not probable, I would instead try to set it up so that I would at least be a difficult zombie to kill. I would have a helm that covered my entire head, and kevlar armor, along with armor for my legs and arms, so that I would be difficult even to cripple and finish off at close range.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 05, 2009, 04:14:13 am »

Wow, Yanlin made me a new avatar, and it spawned discussions and appeals in like four different threads.  By popular demand, I've changed the pick and title back.  Maybe I'll make a long-delay one myself later.

Having been in the military myself and being from Texas, I think I take exception to that remark  ;D.  You would be surprised (or maybe not now that I think about it) at the percentage of Texas in the military, and the percentage of ex-military who move to Texas.

I dont own a gun myself, as I would probably use it on someone and dont feel like going to jail.  I grew up in a home with well over 20 guns.  I got my own at age 9.  A .243 lever action - sweet.  Most of my friends own guns.  One friend has the zombie survival guide on his coffee table.  He is actively prepared just in case (not kidding here).

Two things here.  1) You ain't kidding about the Texas military percentage.  I just got back from my job where, among my immediate co-workers, are two ex-marine machinists, an ex-air-force firefighter, a ex-navy deckhand, and a Blackwater alumni.  Always makes me feel damn awkward as a longhaired hippie type student of politics.

2) Over 20 guns?  Either you're exaggerating, or your family members were technically renegades.  Any private collection of firearms greater than 10, or stockpile of ammunition greater than a thousand rounds, legally counts as an arsenal.  Remember, this is the same state that begot David Koresh.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2009, 04:25:18 am »

Switzerland is probably the country best defended from zombie attacks. 

Seriously.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2009, 05:16:14 am »

Some mini island state in the middle of the Pacific would be best defended against zombie outbreaks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2009, 05:18:10 am »

Except you can block off mountain passes, but you can't block off oceans.  And Switzerland has more guns per capita than America.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:10 am »

I was going to bring that up, Switzerland would be outrageously effective against zombies.

There are only seven slugs for the shotgun, but there are around fifty rounds for the .22. I'd climb onto the roof and start shooting.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 05, 2009, 06:43:20 pm »

Never switch into rock and roll mode when you have an automatic.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 05, 2009, 07:00:27 pm »

Hahaha. I just got the ZSG aswell Wehtamjd. Got into the weapons and armor. Rock'n'Roll MOOOOODE! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Man if I had a AK or a SAW or an M4A1 instead of a rifle or pistol I would be so doomed. The temptation, is indeed great to go Rock'n'Roll.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »

Never switch into rock and roll mode when you have an automatic.

But... But...

THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!

*Hides in corner and cries*
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2009, 07:31:09 pm »

Well if you have a solar powered rock launcher or something then rock with it roll with it.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2009, 07:47:40 pm »

Molotov Cocktails FTW. Okay, we've been over the whole flaming zombies of death thing. But if you have the high ground, go for it already!

+5 To All Saving Rolls!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:42 pm »

Except you can block off mountain passes, but you can't block off oceans.  And Switzerland has more guns per capita than America.
You could build a 3m high concrete wall around your 500mx500m mini tropical island. It's probably cheaper than trying to blockade all the mountain passes in Switzerland.

You'd have enough land to feed exactly 3 people though, and all it would take is one typhoon and you're all dead but hey, at least you don't become zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 101