Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133980 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2008, 03:50:59 pm »

I spend more time thinking about what I would do if the undead attack than is probably healthy, ever since I bought The Zombie Survival Guide. I live in a suburban neighborhood, so there would be enough people nearby to pose a serious threat. I keep a knife in my room should I be surprised, which I would use to hold them off while I ran to my garage, where there is a small chainsaw and an axe that I could use. I also keep a small kit in my room that has: a flashlight, bandages, a compass, matches, a small bottle of ethanol for antiseptic/fuel, and a survival food ration, with enough calories to keep me going for two days.

That's a GOOD thing. And not even because of a zombie apocalypse. Having a kit like that can help in many, many, many situations. You never know when it can come in handy.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2008, 01:11:27 pm »

THIS IS THE ZOMBIE PREPAREDNESS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!(NOTE NOT SPARTA!)
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:37 pm »

Your response to my post is invalid. You said the noted word anyway.

You fail at displaced Irony.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:11 pm »

Hopefully the zombies don't turn out to be intelligent. Otherwise, considering that in a zombie apocalypse, most of you guys would end up as zombies (probably not immune to the virus) you'll all be zombies armed with chainsaws and stuff.
You'd be doing the world a service by not arming yourselves!
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:18 pm »

If I go down I want the world to come with me.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:55 pm »

I live in the 2nd by size city of Russia (St. Petersburg, 2nd after Moscow) and I don't live in outskirts. In my house there're about 1 thousand people living so go guess how screwed I am. The only good thing are metal doors of my flat and metal doors for every porch.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 30, 2008, 10:58:07 pm »

Great Deon! You can waste away in your flat, in that there Russia, knowing that no zombie could get at you. To bad you didn't have enough food or water...

But I'd have to agree, all I've said is what I planned on giving a try. Its far more likely I'll get chomped on sooner or later at any rate. Or die to some other manner of danger in No-Mans-Land after the Government falls, and its everyone for themselves.

Something tells me looters are going to be more dangerous in a zombie takeover at first then any number of zombies. Later on? Oh yeah zombies will be pounding at your doorstep. Lets just hope your still around with a shotgun at that point to send them away like trick or treaters. But you know, with buck shot instead of candy.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2008, 12:27:24 am »

Well at first, the government will try to cover up the zombie plague any way they can. By the time you figure it out, it will already be advanced enough that it's impossible for the government to hide, so the zombies would be more dangerous. Still, there probably will be riots and such that would be quite hazardous. In a best-case scenario, the rioters distract the zombies, allowing you to slip out of the city unnoticed.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2008, 12:50:04 am »

That is, only if you live IN a city. Though I'm not in a much better position. But its not like I live in LA or NY, or Seattle or Portland, Moscow, London, Cape Town, or any crowded city of the like.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2008, 11:30:20 am »

After playing Left 4 Dead all last night, I've concluded that in a zombie apocalypse, we're all good and fucked.

The only one of those characters who would have survived two seconds was the Nam vet, and they don't represent a real significant portion of the population.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2008, 03:16:28 pm »

If you play House of the Dead, you'll understand that if you survive a zombie infestation, you get an automatic weapon with a giant truck following you around dispensing ammo.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:02 pm »

If you play House of the Dead, you'll understand that if you survive a zombie infestation, you get an automatic weapon with a giant truck following you around dispensing ammo.
Obviously.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2008, 05:13:40 pm »

Hah.

No wait. Okay your forgetting about real soldiers to, or if theres still a military around, walking about saying their in charge, but don't really help much at all, then the ones that defect at least. And the biker, well he's likely USED that shotgun before despite what you think about Left4Dead. Zombies to him was just getting the 2 week party started. But the other two? I'd have to agree. Dumb luck brought them through the thing. Well dumb luck and bullets. And the other two who seem to be familiar with bullets.

What was my original point? Oh right. Your forgetting about people who have used firearms before, or have gotten survivalist training. Or really, your forgetting with god blessed dumb luck of the land, or whats left of the land, and the worlds JUST okay as long as no crack pot nation or some rather dumb world leader doesn't launch any nukes as a last measure. Course, I'm kinda betting on the crack pots first.

As for the army? I'd say they wouldn't have been defeated completely, or at least what we have in the U.S.A, so will have a army running around, or at least standing around. The only problem is that they won't be likely to help, and more likely to gun you down and strip you of any useful weapons and ammo. Sad but true. If I'm right, one thing the movie would be correct about is that being one of the last powers in the country that have tanks, 'copters, and maybe even jets still, won't be keen on protecting a country, that isn't THERE anymore. Whatever leaders of any military in the world, IF their still standing, will grab hold of whatever defendable compounds they can get their hands on, clean the area of anything useful, including man power if need be, and you know what I mean about that one, with their men under lock and key, and just forget about the outside world. At least, until things calm down. Maybe in a few decades, when you happen to be plowing a field to keep a small collective of people you found to come along with you, just to keep alive, you'll wipe sweat off your brow and look over the horizon. Bam. Round in the head, you don't know anything. The armies back, and their keen on rounding everyone up. Or at least the NEW crack pot of the NEW world is keen on rounding everybody up. You know what happens from there. Think PPA from Dies The Fire. Only likely with some zombies waltzing around still.

World in flames all right. World in rotting flames.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 03:20:11 am by WorkerDrone »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »

So.... like the BOS?

I heard of that tew!!!!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:01 am »

You think that armies would be so quick to abandon their countries?

Patriotism dies hard comrade.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101