Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133981 times)

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2008, 09:36:04 pm »

Ah a worthy weapon opponent but the problem with flails is they are hard to find(working models) hard to fix and require skil to use effectively also a sword is not always for cutting I have a small gladius for the close dirty work and the broad sword is un sharpened (a.k.a Butterknife to people who know me) and it is used for breaking bones and bustin heads. Also when you start getting tired when fighting it doesn't take that much more skill to use centripetal (this is right centrifical force does not exist) force to strengthen your blows especially against a slow opponent.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »

Arise zombie thead arise Mwa ha ha.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2008, 06:05:09 pm »

This IS the zombie thread. It has came back more times than I remember.

I'm proud to have started it.

However, let's get back to the origional question, what do YOU have personally ready in the event of a ZA? No 'what' I would  prepare with, what do you have right now?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2008, 06:14:42 pm »

A limitless amount of construction tools. My father has everything besides raw materials I could need in building a house, or even a damn fort.

That said, theres also many blunt or sharp things in the garage to use for zombie stompin'.

We have some canned food, but otherwise not much in that area. But again, we don't live in a crowded city, so will do fine on the lootin department around here if armageddon comes with rotting hands.

Theres a nice and powerful truck in this picture to. Few hours and some supplies and I could be zooming off to Mexico or the rockies.

Despite my actual unpreparedness of a zombie encounter, like no firearms, and no endless store of preserves, as well as no fuel depot and material to make the mentioned fort, I'd do just fine around here. Well. You know. As long as the zeds don't also have Super Mutant sized bastards, running, building jumping crazy rotters, and some kind of smart zombie among them. Or hell, even if they can run I'm screwed.

Not before taking down thirty or fourty of the things of course.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »

Well I specialize in hand to hand combat weapons and have quite a selection. I also have a possible crew as most of my friends will head here in an outbreak. I have a large suply of food stored away and the only friend whose plan isn't come to my place is a firearms enthusist and near a large fortress like building so if possible we would meet up there with supplies.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2008, 07:32:40 pm »

If you could even get there through the chaos. You have yet to mention how densely or sparsely populated the place you live in is. If theres alot of people, you can expect general chaos. While if theres few people, theres likely not as many supplies, firearms, or chances to obtain military support. Though if the Militarys anything like it is in the movies, then they'll likely be to busy trying to either save their own asses, and the lousy government to bother helping us regular survivors, or are to busy quarantining areas and trying to kill us non-infected 'just in case'.

Zombie Armageddon. Meh, go figure.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:34:44 pm by WorkerDrone »

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2008, 07:33:55 pm »

I have nothing. Absolutely nothing, not a crowbar, gun nor machete. In the event zombie emergency I am thoroughly fucked.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2008, 07:35:55 pm »

Well, why don't you go buy a fireaxe or something then A_Fey_Dwarf? At least then you'll have a weapon to keep you company as you hide in that there besieged house of yours.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2008, 07:45:50 pm »

A fireaxe? If I were going to spend the money I would probably end up buying a steel war hammer replica that I saw in a 'new age' dragon and fairy collectibles shop. They were also selling a replica of Anduril from Lord of the Rings.
But I don't have the money to waste so I suppose I would just end up smashing zombies with my keyboard.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2008, 07:48:16 pm »

Personally, the first thing I would do is go to my toolshed and arm myself with one of the axes that we have there. A pretty good weapon in any case, or I would take the pickaxe as that can easy kill a zed if used carefully enough.

We have over 10 bottles of water in the fridge, various canned foods, a long driveway which is the only way to the house other than over the high wood fences, a second story with a easily destroyable wood staircase and its low enough to drop to the ground via multiple ways. All in all, I'm pretty good for quite a while, as long as we fill the bathtubs with water and go look for food nextdoor and in the neighbourhood. Its a decently populated area, so not too many zombies but enough to cause trouble if you aren't ready.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2008, 07:57:32 pm »

I'll admit that wouldn't be in the perfect position if I'd stay where I was, as my house is where lots of people are, but the city I live in general, is only decently populated, so I'd get some transportation, grab anything of use, and theres abit, maybe bust down a door and loot if I have to, but otherwise, get the hell out, and fast. Initially, it'll all be pretty chaotic, but theres not enough people around here for decent riot to kick off before the zombies are abound. That and I'm not sure if the good folks down at the PD would be able to hold off zeds in the streets, whetalone keep hold of their departments from angry living hollering for support or shelter.

I'd also say that the mall wouldn't be the best idea. Nor is a big department store. I'd say any of those would be nice to loot real quick, and then run, run, run, but I wouldn't stick around. I'd get what would have needed for a long journey, or a long hold out, and get to a secure location. The mountains maybe, or somewhere more remote to the east, maybe north, but only once I had enough people, fuel, and supplies to survive up there. And I'm starting to rethink mexico. It really wouldn't be in a good position if the virus was everywhere. And a Military base is just asking to get overrun at somepoint. So I guess its east, or running around getting things together until I can retreat to the north.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2008, 10:55:44 pm »

Well I don't know about my friends reaching my house but I only live 6 blocks from my gun owning friend and with my neghborhood the rich people would run and get fucked and the early americans would try and do things the american way and get fucked but then I clear up the mess block some roads and there we go.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 25, 2008, 05:15:38 am »

I spend more time thinking about what I would do if the undead attack than is probably healthy, ever since I bought The Zombie Survival Guide. I live in a suburban neighborhood, so there would be enough people nearby to pose a serious threat. I keep a knife in my room should I be surprised, which I would use to hold them off while I ran to my garage, where there is a small chainsaw and an axe that I could use. I also keep a small kit in my room that has: a flashlight, bandages, a compass, matches, a small bottle of ethanol for antiseptic/fuel, and a survival food ration, with enough calories to keep me going for two days.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:22:15 am by Skynet 2.0 »

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 25, 2008, 11:26:38 pm »

I'm not alone in my madness preparedness.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2008, 06:11:23 am »

Madness? This...is...-

Eeh. You know what? What is this?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 101