Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133961 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2008, 02:38:17 pm »

Erm. ESCAPE PLAN 29!

*Flash Bang*

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2008, 04:18:03 pm »

also things can live without oxygen there are anarobic bacteria which dont use air or the deep sea variaty which use volcanic chemicals
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2008, 04:21:25 pm »

Idea for perfect zombie protection: Volcanic caldera. Sure you won't be able to breathe with all the toxins in the air and the heat, but at least the zombies won't get you.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2008, 04:33:35 pm »

Ah, but then that would be quite against the point of trying to survive. The only thing to do about it is go back to the drawing board, and try and find a plan that doesn't get us all killed. That seems to be harder then I first thought it though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2008, 04:36:15 pm »

Sealand?
 Unless some smart zombies take over an oil tanker and plow it down, you could survive reasonably well. Then set out boats to salvage supplies from the English mainland to create fields for plants. You will literally build your own country.

And considering that Sealand is supported by vertical supports, climbing from the ocean depths is not an issue.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2008, 04:37:22 pm »

In my mind, no zombie attack can wipe out the army.
What can zombies do against, say a sov. BMP?

Other then forming such a large pile over it, that there is no air, after it's already out of bullets. And gas. It would end up being one armored veicle destroying a couple of thousand zombies each.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2008, 05:55:28 pm »

^ EXACTLY!! All the "official zombie books" depict zombies as being able to convert 5 quatrillion humans before they die, but in reality, the average human would be able to amass such a high amount of kills before they go down that zombies would be a cinch. Our only real threat is if they convert the carp.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2008, 05:56:02 pm »

By the way, If you would say WWZ was kinda unrealistic, well zombies are kinda unrealistic. Its fiction. Zombies, of the non-voodoo variety are pretty much defined by British and American Pop-culture. 28 Days(Weeks) Later, Dawn of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead...Night, Day, Land. You name it. Comics? Sure. Books? Even better. Its suppose to be fun, but its been named possible because of the way it happens.

One zombie, the spread, the blood bath, the slow burn, the failed fight, destruction.

Survival. Thats what draws us to the idea of zombies. Undead, which do not breath. Which do not sleep. Which do not 'need' to eat, but feel a neverending drive for flesh. Those, which can not feel emotion other then a lust for blood.

Or anger, uncontainable rage that is triggered by chemicals from some freak lab experiment. If you don't see my point, its that zombies as what were talking about, have all those attributes and more. If you say your talking of zombies that can breath, then your talking of zombies that arn't zombies. That arn't UNDEAD. The very idea of zombies is simply them being mindless eatting machines, that spread terror, and the infection itself, until were either all dead, or they burn themselves out. Whether or not one gets stuck in the snow for later terror is not the point.

A zombie, is defined by what the majority, hence the pop-culture, define it as. I think it's really a way of saying that if Humanity grows to large, it'll eat itself to near death, then burn itself out. Engage restart.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2008, 11:00:27 pm »

Again, there are usually larger undead. Like Left 4 Dead's Tank. Which could probably take out a tank. It moves like an angry gorrilla and would be hard to hit with a main gun, and you need something along the lines of 200 7.62 bullets to take it out. (Or concentrated fire) By the time you got off 50 the tank would have crushed the gun and then crushed the turret, plucked the crew outside and murdered them horribly.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2008, 10:18:55 pm »

but only a head shot kills the rest will just mangle it but its still alive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:59 pm »

I was going to provide an argument using physics to explain why even a tank would die to a real machinegun, but it's pretty obvious that real physics don't exist in the world of fiction.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2008, 11:10:53 pm »

In the world of fiction, zombie breath can spread the infection virus to all people in a 500 mile radius, the heads are the only weak points, they can disappear to dodge bullets, etc. etc. etc.. Really, the whole zombie thing is a tired concept, because of exactly what WorkerDrone was talking about. People need some sort of thing, they got zombies. They need to humanize it and make it impossible to beat, even if it means telling physics to piss off. The whole Zombie media oilfield has gotten so many fanboys that have "proved beyond a doubt" that if zombies were to ever be real, they'd all be Shaq, with a laser from their mouth that leaves gaping crates in the whole of a continent, and are; despite normal theories; immune to bullets and all sorts of weapons.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:22 pm »

I think that everyone has their own idea of zombies which makes it hard to talk about since each would have to deal differently based on thier zombies mine just happen to be Max Brookian which means i'm prepared but lets say their more like 28 days later well then i'm boned because i have nothing prepared

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »

Mind you, even if a tank *may* get destroyed by a gaint tank, what about a warthog? Or even an apache? As much as I hate choppers, they'd be effective zombie killers.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2008, 11:04:34 pm »

I shall, once again, resurect this thread.
The most popular work of zombie literature is probably The Zombie Survival Guide, by Max Brand. What do we think of the steps he sugests?

For example, I'd think that an M-16 would be a superior weapon for use in a zombie situation. Although a .22 is a really novel idea.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101