Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133834 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2008, 08:56:58 pm »

Your talking of number one that was bad acting number two was bad acting also but it just looked disturbing. I would advise not to watch them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2008, 09:58:53 pm »

The movie I really hate the most is Saw.  I mean wow, it's sad when people can pass snuff as entertainment, and it sells enough for four or five sequels.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2008, 10:04:24 pm »

Worse than that, it's dealing with the people who feel it was a masterful piece of artistic expression.  Not to mention deep, thought-provoking, and well executed.

Yes, I know people with those views.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2008, 10:25:24 pm »

That's pathetic, the whole "I'm dying, and I'm teaching you to want to live" was just a tack-on so it didn't become obvious to the clinically stupid that they were attempting to sell two-hour torture videos.

You could always kill those people.
Shoes...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2008, 10:32:31 pm »

I liked the first one, but mostly because Cary Elwees or whatever the frick his name was seemed a weird choice. I kept thinking Princess Bride the entire time.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2008, 11:38:16 pm »

The first in a horrible series is always slightly less horrible than the rest because it's a new idea.  Also, I saw Princess Bride in fifth grade Music Class(My music teacher turned out to be a pedophile, I knew it all along!!!), all I remember is a guy trying to decide which cup contained poison.
Shoes...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2008, 01:19:18 am »

"NEVER go up against a Sicilian, when DEATH is on the line! AH HA HA HA-urk."

Also, figured you should know someone is utilizing your visage to promote an excellent website.

A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2008, 05:59:53 pm »

"Cell" zombies were evolving zombies.  At first they were rampaging mindless things that attacked each other, but they eventually mellowed out and started working together to find food and shelter.  After that, they became downright sapient with that little scheme which I will not reveal because it's actually worth reading.

That book is EPIC. It's awesome how they evolve and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2008, 06:01:43 pm »

The movie I really hate the most is Saw.  I mean wow, it's sad when people can pass snuff as entertainment, and it sells enough for four or five sequels.

^
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2008, 06:45:18 pm »

What do you guys think of zombie animals? I give a couple examples:

Silent Hill: sure it wasn't exactly a standard setting, for reasons people who know about it will know, but it did have zombie dogs and pteridactyls or whatever those were

Resident Evil: heck, the opening cutscene of the first game features zombie dogs

Twelve Monkeys: not a zombie movie, but the virus affects only humans

The Birds: i always assumed the birds were zombies or something but everyone will tell me I'm wrong, so I'll just edit this part out! HAHA

So I guess what I'm getting at is, mammals only? Humans only? If we really open it up then fish would all become zombies pretty quickly since the ecosystem of the oceans would be messed up. A fish that infects other fish by biting them and won't stop because it never gets hungry or tired? And if it's eaten it will probably infect the eater?

Sounds like a reason why DF has so many haunted oceans.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2008, 01:06:46 am »

I hate zombie animals, in fact because their brains are so much less complicated than ours, I wouldn't be supprised if one can move as fast or faster even than a healthy human sprinting for their life.

This is why I hate them, they are more dangerous than normal humanoid zombies. In fact, in a zombie outbreak, humanoid zombies are about the least you have to worry about. The real danger is other humans.

Think about it, our strongest weapon is what we are all born with, the human brain. If used right, it can be far superior to virtually any weapon! Zombies can't think, we can, so that is a great advantage for us! What really worries me are the bandits and hijackers that come with the zombie outbreak. They can think and plan too, and at times are quite smart. A ditch will defend you against zombies, but a group of bandits can make a bridge over it and cross. A fence is a major barrier to a zombie, but a bandit can climb over it or cut a hole through it. Bandits are infinetly more dangerous than a humanoid zombie, if they are of the shambling type. If they are runners, well thats a different story all together.

All you really have to do in a zombie outbreak is think carefully and prepare, thats it! You can outhink any zombie, and logic is also on our side. IF they are humanoid, then they only have human senses: sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste. They have limitations like us, excepting pain and exhaustion. If you break its neck, it loses control of its body, shove its nose bone into its brain, it dies like us. There is no "Sixth sense" for zombies, and they can only smell as good as we can.

I think that their main function of detecting us is hearing or sight. Yes, no smell, no sixth sense crap, sight and sound like us. If we sneak behind a zombie without making a sound, they wont know we are there! In the dark, we can sneak past lots of zombies, but remember that they can do the same if your not careful! Knowledge of human limits is what can save us, use it!

But they have advantages against us as well. They dont require food, water, rest or comfort. They have no fear and emotions. And they may have numbers on their side. Sure, one doesn't look all that threatening, but 100? Different story. We panic, freak out and lose concentration. And this can kill us, if we lose our cool, we're dead. Hence why you must remain calm at all times, if you are calm, you can run, focus, attack, aim and defend better. This is the zombies main weapon, phycological attacks. Thier massed moans can freak you out, even though they do this unconsiously!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:35 am »

Also, it's Duct tape.  As in, used for the mending of ducts.
No crazy your thinking of the normal kind of duct tape :) were talking about this kind http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/data/569/26850DuckTape.jpg
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2008, 02:19:33 pm »

Depends on the zombie infection type. If it spreads when someone dies killed by zombie, we are ok. If it spreads by bitting, we survive with big loses. If it spreads by air, we die.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08:48 pm »

Depends on the zombie infection type. If it spreads when someone dies killed by zombie, we are ok. If it spreads by bitting, we survive with big loses. If it spreads by air, we die.
If it spreads by 'dead things just get back up again, including non-zombie caused deaths', stay away from the graveyard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:45:30 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2008, 09:33:54 pm »

If it spreads by 'dead things just get back up again, including non-zombie cused deaths', stay away from the graveyard.

If it spreads by that, you'd be covered in zombie skin cells and bacteria.

Maybe dead things with skeletons?  Or dead things with skeletons that have died within a fortnight, and are reasonably intact?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 101